:sunglasses: 16.7 % :laughing: 61.1 % :cry: 16.7 % :🤗 5.6 %
Crabcakes wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:58 pm That Times piece reminds me of those jerks who get up at 5am, kill themselves working, and then realise aged 50 that they look 75, don’t know their family, don’t have friends and might be well off but have achieved nothing but ‘work’.

Only in Truss’s case, I’ll give her that she has succeeded in being arguably the worst at her job, ever. Against extraordinarily high levels of competition.
I'd still put Cameron in there because he started this whole shitshow off.
Andy McDandy wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:22 pm Not so sure about her being autistic or similar. She comes across more as an arrogant and entitled twat.
Maybe I was trying to look for a reason when non existed, but some of the behaviour reported does seem a bit unhinged ( not that people who suffer those afflictions are unhinged ); also I was sort of trying to cut through quite a lengthy price
By satnav
I think the real issue here is that Truss clearly had a number of flaws which were bound to cause problems when she became prime minister but all this stuff only come out a week after she resigned. How many people in government knew about her many flaws but kept quiet about them during the leadership election.

If people did keep quiet why did they keep quiet? Were they all hoping that she would change when she became prime minister or did they just think that she would crash and burn within 12 months allowing Johnson to return as leader. Obviously as things panned out she crashed and burned too soon.
kreuzberger, Watchman liked this
Watchman wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:59 am In other words; “she’s on the spectrum, has a major personality defect, has attentions defects, is autistic”….take your pick
I usually switch off when someone starts with "Speaking as a xxx..."...

But as someone whom is on the spectrum, has trouble concentrating for long periods & is also diagnosed with Schizoid personality disorder, to me Liz Truss just comes across as a cunt.
kreuzberger, Watchman, Andy McDandy and 1 others liked this
MisterMuncher wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:52 pm
davidjay wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:48 pm
Never underestimate just how naive/daft some people are when it comes to digital technology.
PICNIC* is an acronym in IT circles for a multitude of very good reasons. The real issue, as ever, isn't the stupid ones. It's the fuckers that think they know what they're doing.

*Problem In Chair, Not In Computer.
Up in Scotland (and USA where I've worked) it was PEBKAC.

Problem exists between keyboard and chair.

Clearly from the days before phones and tablets which don't have keyboards.
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonman wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:55 pm
Watchman wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:59 am In other words; “she’s on the spectrum, has a major personality defect, has attentions defects, is autistic”….take your pick
I usually switch off when someone starts with "Speaking as a xxx..."...

But as someone whom is on the spectrum, has trouble concentrating for long periods & is also diagnosed with Schizoid personality disorder, to me Liz Truss just comes across as a cunt.
It's less noticeable in the Tory Party, since the "Hide a tree in a forest" principle applies.
Spoonman liked this
mattomac wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:30 pm Cameron announced a referendum, after several years of austerity and even more years of EU bollocks in the press.

He is ultimately responsible.

In fact I’d go even more so on that, he is responsible for the current Tory party.
Anyone stupid enough to call an EURef with Jeremy Corbyn as your main ally has only themselves to blame. It was typical of Cameron to gamble with ridiculous promises to his party’s right wing as he was sure another coalition with Clegg would emerge on 2015 and he’d never have to enact them.
Now the interregnum of Corbyn and Brexit fantasy politics is over, Sunak faces the same dilemma as Cameron on how the Tories are going to form an electoral coalition in the coming years to take power.
Remember this particularly demented effort by Truss before she was a leadership candidate?
Liz Truss verdict says Boris Johnson is going to help ‘Uber riding, Air BnB’ing, Deliveroo eating, Freedom Fighters get on in life’
https://www.wisbechstandard.co.uk/news/ ... -get-life/

How is freedom going now?

That's be the the "left-wing economic establishment" that are the international stock markets, then. :lol:

Edit: She's not a million miles off from using "Globalists" :o - not yet, at least.
The Thing abut "taking" the Telegraph is that desperately, hopefully says something about those who fall for that schtick - that they are insiders on the Establishment and are probably of independent means.

It actually - erm - telegraphs the fact that they are as easily duped as the delusional half wits which write for it.
Spoonman liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]