:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
davidjay wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:30 pm 38 minutes between the Sun's political editor criticising on Sky and the U-turn.
I'd been watching Robert Jenrick defending it against a surprisingly thorough grilling from Andrew Marr not half an hour before the u-turn.

If Jenrick'd had any backbone about being sent out as the sacrifice for the morning interview round, I expect he'd be annoyed.
By Oboogie
Samanfur wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:25 pm
davidjay wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:30 pm 38 minutes between the Sun's political editor criticising on Sky and the U-turn.
I'd been watching Robert Jenrick defending it against a surprisingly thorough grilling from Andrew Marr not half an hour before the u-turn.

If Jenrick'd had any backbone about being sent out as the sacrifice for the morning interview round, I expect he'd be annoyed.
I've noticed that Robert Jenrick often gets wheeled out to defend the indefensible, he's clearly expendable and he must realise that. I expect he's on a promise - seat in the Lords/ Non-executive seat on the board of NHS plc?
I expect he's on a promise - seat in the Lords/ Non-executive seat on the board of NHS plc?

President of the Anglo-Carribean board of trade for the winter months. There is a logic to sending on your crappiest player to talk the biggest amount of shite. Used to be Geoff Hoon.
Oboogie liked this
By Watchman
Is it a public school thing; always a ready supply of sycophants to demean themselves in the hope it will keep them associated with “big boys club”
Very possibly. I recall reading that at Eton at least, prefects were chosen by existing prefects, rather than by the teachers. So to get to be one, you had to suck up to the older guys. And possibly just suck too.
I see Carrie didn't fancy being cooped up at No. 10 and Johnson realised he could bunk off a week early, so now on top of the U-turn we have the easily verifiable fact that he was notified he needed to self-isolate while at no. 10, decided the rules weren't for him, then decided the rules were for him but also that he was going to fuck off to the countryside.

Illegal, obviously. But I won't be awaiting his collar being felt for it.
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:37 pm Here's Bozo again. Still no care policy because he hasn't thought about how it's paid for. Except that tax promises from the election are about to be junked.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... ocial-care
Raising NI? The tax people only pay if they're working, and that kicks in earlier than income tax - thus making it disproportionately a burden on the young (again) and the poor (again). What a surprise.
mattomac liked this
Sounds to me they’ve agreed a plan
Critics had already rounded on the idea of a national insurance rise, warning that it would be unfair to younger workers.

Torsten Bell, director of the Resolution Foundation thinktank, called it “a turkey of a way” to raise the necessary funds. “It’s a tax disproportionately loaded on to younger people and lower-paid workers (compared to a fairer rise in income tax) who have borne the brunt of this recession,” he said.
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:40 pm Few warning signs here, even if his party's approval is holding up for now?

How many of the 60 percent vote for him because he is an untrustworthy sack of shit? He’s human but there’s method in his madness that gets results. Or something like that, I’m done with psychoanalysing Johnson’s voters. They’re a bunch of twats at best.
To be fair, and in my opinion, the events of the last two years are of such impact that we cannot hold the government - any government - to promises made before.

As to social care, a tax rise would be fbm.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]