:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Youngian
Cyclist wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:47 pm
And just what the fuck is "responsibly-sourced venison"?
I know its not running off to bushwhack deer three times your size. Lessons have been learned.
Attachments
83408811-0FE8-45DC-A0C0-249CE3D58B15.jpeg
83408811-0FE8-45DC-A0C0-249CE3D58B15.jpeg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 1760 times
davidjay liked this
By Boiler
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-61779169

Boris Johnson will later publish plans to scrap parts of the post-Brexit deal he struck with the EU in 2020.

The PM wants to change the Protocol section of the deal to make it easier for some goods to move between Britain and Northern Ireland.

But the EU is against the move, saying it would break international law.

The UK insists its proposals - to be set out in a parliamentary bill - are legal and will secure the future of the United Kingdom.
UK Foreign Secretary Liz Truss and European Commission Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič discussed the UK government's plan on Monday morning.

Afterwards, Ms Truss said she wanted to "fix the problems with the Northern Ireland Protocol and restore political stability", adding that Brussels must be "willing to change".

But Mr Šefčovič tweeted that the UK's actions were "damaging to mutual trust and a formula for uncertainty".
By Arrowhead
Only the last five years? Nah, Cameron and Osborne would've been serving up this nonsense years ago if only they had realised there are votes in it. One thing the likes of Johnson, Truss and Patel are far better at is understanding what motivates the average Tory voter.
Last edited by Arrowhead on Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidjay liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Fucking human cockroaches.
Nigredo liked this
By Spoonman
I'm not sure if it was here or elsewhere, but I've said in the past that the DUP would be perfectly happy to see Northern Ireland burn to the ground as long as it could rule over its ashes in perpetuity.

I think (at least) the current crop of Tories would like the same for the UK as a whole.
kreuzberger, Oboogie liked this
By davidjay
Spoonman wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:13 pm I'm not sure if it was here or elsewhere, but I've said in the past that the DUP would be perfectly happy to see Northern Ireland burn to the ground as long as it could rule over its ashes in perpetuity.

I think (at least) the current crop of Tories would like the same for the UK as a whole.
This has been the problem for Norn Iron and the Unionist community for many years. Their leaders don't care about the people. They don't care who can live well, who can keep a roof over their head, who can better themselves. Just do long as the union flag flies over Belfast City Hall and a Unionist is in power, that's all they want. And now, when they can see changing demographics and a changing world threatening to take that away from them, they cling on because it's the only reason for their existence.
Oboogie liked this
By Boiler
Crabcakes wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:40 pm Rwanda flight grounded after last minute appeal to ECHR is successful. Which I now suspect may have been the goal all along - giving Johnson a reason to pull us out of it that he can stoke a mini-Brexit over.
Am I correct in thinking that a withdrawal from the ECHR gives the UK a green light to reintroduce the death penalty, or is there more to it? More to the point though... is there much of an appetite for reintroducing the death penalty amongst the public beyond the readership of certain newspapers? Because it's such a deterrent... :roll:
By Tubby Isaacs
Boiler wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:58 pm
Crabcakes wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:40 pm Rwanda flight grounded after last minute appeal to ECHR is successful. Which I now suspect may have been the goal all along - giving Johnson a reason to pull us out of it that he can stoke a mini-Brexit over.
Am I correct in thinking that a withdrawal from the ECHR gives the UK a green light to reintroduce the death penalty, or is there more to it? More to the point though... is there much of an appetite for reintroducing the death penalty amongst the public beyond the readership of certain newspapers? Because it's such a deterrent... :roll:
Not all that much appetite, I don't think, and a few free votes for Ed Davey in it.
By Youngian
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:13 pm Papers, despite falling sales, set the news discussion agenda. Get the papers on side.
Privacy laws emanate from the ECHR, the press are the main instigators for the withdrawal. Look forward to the government flushing its international reputation further down the u-bend.
Andy McDandy liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
The UK can't leave the ECHR without tearing up the Good Friday Agreement that they're breaking the law to protect. Unless it's possible for Northern Ireland to stay in by itself, while GB leaves. I'm not sure if part of a country can remain in while the rest of it leaves.

Let's ask Steven Barrett.
Oboogie liked this
By MisterMuncher
Spoonman wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:13 pm I'm not sure if it was here or elsewhere, but I've said in the past that the DUP would be perfectly happy to see Northern Ireland burn to the ground as long as it could rule over its ashes in perpetuity.

They'd live in a hut made of their own shit if the fleg was right and the neighbours were slightly worse off
Spoonman, Arrowhead liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]