:sunglasses: 16.7 % :laughing: 61.1 % :cry: 16.7 % :🤗 5.6 %
This is a very interesting thread (and I agree with every word). It's too long to include in a post here, but do follow the thread through.

Dalem Lake liked this
Did anyone else see Charles Walker on Channel 4 News earlier?

He was arguing that we shouldn't have a general election now because the Tories will get annihilated, and we shouldn't want that because it's in the country's best interests to have a strong opposition.

That's what they're reduced to.
Arrowhead, Oboogie liked this
Truss looked dreadful this afternoon, perhaps more so that at any time during these last few weeks.

It is inconceivable that there is any way back for her now but it is clearly just too much to ask for when she desperately needs a sisterly shoulder.

Yes, she is painfully dim. Yes, she willingly allowed Tufton Steet to stuff her blouses, but the baiting has to stop. She's done. "We won", whatever that means. And every last one of those Telegraph harridans can go fuck themselves ten times over.
Arrowhead, zuriblue liked this
By satnav
I wonder if some Tories are looking at a scenario where Truss is allowed to cling on for another couple of months until Johnson finally faces the privileges committee. If he gets away with a mild rebuke from the committee he could then throw his hat in the ring when Truss eventually falls on her sword.
I wondered where Lunchtime O'Flynn had got to...
I have just listened to the Mason interview and, by jimminy, she is anything but easy on the ear.

Rather than assume pure arrogance on her part (true, there is some hubris at the margins), I keep telling myself that she is devoid of any decent or heartfelt advice which, presumably, ought to begin with scissors before tackling the tricky subject of high office.

She would do well to go on the piss tomorrow lunchtime and simply not come back.
Dalem Lake liked this
That'll be her bestie, Treeza Coughey.
Front page of Le Monde.

https://www.lemonde.fr/international/ar ... _3210.html
Cécile Ducourtieux wrote:Liz Truss has a closed face, she looks straight ahead, sitting in her designated place in the House of Commons. The scene is amazing, almost painful: this Monday afternoon, October 17, the leader listens to her new Chancellor of the Chess, Jeremy Hunt, methodically destroy the "minibudget" that she has fiercely defended since it was made public on September 23. She is still British Prime Minister, but she has clearly lost the game.
The leader has just been deprived of her main policy, which she had put at the heart of her conservative primary campaign. It is now the financial markets that dictate their tempo to the government and Jeremy Hunt who took the lead to try to restore their confidence, lost after investors received spectacularly badly Liz Truss' economic projects - massive unfunded tax cuts. The Bank of England had to intervene several times to support the British government obligations they abandoned.
kreuzberger wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:01 pm Truss looked dreadful this afternoon, perhaps more so that at any time during these last few weeks.

It is inconceivable that there is any way back for her now but it is clearly just too much to ask for when she desperately needs a sisterly shoulder.

Yes, she is painfully dim. Yes, she willingly allowed Tufton Steet to stuff her blouses, but the baiting has to stop. She's done. "We won", whatever that means. And every last one of those Telegraph harridans can go fuck themselves ten times over.
She sat there blinking and looking shell shocked.
If anybody in her party has a heart, they'd place her on medical furlough.
davidjay liked this
By davidjay
And this is another reaction to the cull of 2019. There is no-one with a heart. The Cabinet is stuffed with spivs who are only interested in themselves and the back benches with spivs who want to be in the Cabinet. None of them give a toss about Liz Truss; she was a pliable means to an end who they knew they could manipulate because she doesn't dare get rid of anyone else.
Arrowhead liked this
Bones McCoy wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:13 pm
She sat there blinking and looking shell shocked.
If anybody in her party has a heart, they'd place her on medical furlough.
She could at least have made it interesting. Done like Bob Hoskins at the end of the Long Good Friday.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]