:sunglasses: 27.6 % :pray: 13.8 % :laughing: 34.5 % 🧥 1.7 % :cry: 13.8 % :🤗 6.9 % :poo: 1.7 %
By Andy McDandy
And blathering on about ending lockdown is a bit useless when a) it was an arbitrary decision and an artificial target, b) "we got you back in your car and going through a hellish commute to get you back into the office so some landlord won't be out of pocket" isn't a massive selling point, and c) granny's still dead.
By Bones McCoy
Oboogie wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:13 pm I'm not sure how marooning Sunak would work. Who would replace him to have the honour of leading them into what's forecast to be the biggest defeat in UK political history? Would going into an election without a leader really boost their polling?
Farage does a quick rosette switch and they divvy up the candidates/constituencies.

I don't think it'll be enough to stop Labour, but it'll stave off the sub 100 seat melt-down.
By Oboogie
Bones McCoy wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:32 pm
Oboogie wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:13 pm I'm not sure how marooning Sunak would work. Who would replace him to have the honour of leading them into what's forecast to be the biggest defeat in UK political history? Would going into an election without a leader really boost their polling?
Farage does a quick rosette switch and they divvy up the candidates/constituencies.

I don't think it'll be enough to stop Labour, but it'll stave off the sub 100 seat melt-down.
To work with Sunak's team and campaign on Sunak's manifesto that Farage has been criticising so heavily? That would also mean Farage would be blamed, at least in part, for the inevitable defeat. I'm not convinced it would be a net gain, certainly not a big one, there are a lot of Tory voters who find Farage repellent.
By Youngian
Sunak’s politically tone death and he thought not attending ‘the French event’ was just another piece of meat to feed the crocodile so it wouldn’t eat him. Well it has and while we should defend Sunak against Farage’s vile racist dog whistling without caveats, he bought this on himself.
Attachments
IMG_6714.jpeg
IMG_6714.jpeg (1003.45 KiB) Viewed 343 times
Oboogie, Arrowhead liked this
By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:46 pm Does anyone else find it ironic that of all things to bring them down, it was not looking patriotic enough?
A time comes when the courtiers can longer distract from the king's stark nakedness.

D-day was the keystone of the bridge, but getting caught lying, and cashing in on the RBS disaster already weakened the buttresses.

For a certain type of activist, beholden to Farage; Sunak was never British anyway.
Now even sweet old grannies ask whether his home is India, America or the UK.
That's a side effect of national broadcasters inviting dog whistlers on a daily basis.
By Rosvanian
Farage is speaking directly to people like my 86 year old mother in law. An insular, working class, poorly educated 'Christian' Tory. Having someone with brown skin as the PM simply doesn't compute. It goes against everything she ever believed and goes right to the core of her own cultural identity.
slilley liked this
By slilley
I saw Mel Stride on Trevor Phillips this morning whilst chomping on my Corn Flakes and it was an appalling interview on several levels. The real interesting bit was Stride backing Sunak to lead them to polling day. For me it was the Jim Mortimer moment. For those of you less experienced in General Elections, Jim Mortimer was the Labour Party General Secretary during the 1983 election. At the daily press conference on 26 May he said "The unanimous view of the campaign committee is that Michael Foot is the leader of the Labour Party and speaks for the Party". This then set all sorts of hares running that there had been an attempt to replace Foot as leader. If you have to back your leader in such terms clearly things are not good and morale is low or even non-existant.

It is clear the Conservatives know they are going down to a huge defeat, the D Day dodging has pretty much sunk them below the waterline, and the £2000 tax lie has been exposed as just that. No matter what they say or do between now and polling day the dial will not shift an inch, and there is now a risk albeit a small but possible one that they wont even be the official opposition come 5th July.
By slilley
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 2:53 pm I don't think there's any such thing, in constitutional terms.

And would you let Dumbdown Dowden take charge?
There is no official post as Deputy Prime Minister unlike other constitutions. The Conservatives do not even have an official Deputy Leader unlike Labour and the Liberal Democrats. If Sunak quit now the King probably would get dragged into asking the Conservative Party toprovide someone to be Prime Minister, though as there are now no MPs only candidates that could be difficult.
By Oboogie
This is Bayo Alaba, Labour's candidate for Southend. The Tories are attacking him for going to Normandy to take part in the D-Day commemorations. He was there to take part in a parachute drop to raise money for the Royal British Legion, he is himself a veteran of the Parachute Regiment.
I wonder what it is about this particular veteran's efforts to raise money for veterans which the Tories find so objectionable? What do think readers?
Attachments
GPn3uOeWAAAeq3A.jpg
GPn3uOeWAAAeq3A.jpg (263.63 KiB) Viewed 312 times
By Bones McCoy
Time to ask whether the Gurkhas are on the right half of the Dulux chart - eh readers?

I really thought we had moved beyond this.
The days of green ink letters complaining about Trevor Macdonald reading the news.
"I can't understand his accent" added John Tyndall's granny.

We still get arseholes on social media complaining about every non-white face on the telly.
But they're obsessive wankers like David Atherton and the worst of the GB News presenters.

Hardly anybody under the age of 40 gives a toss about these issues.
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]