:sunglasses: 27.6 % :pray: 13.8 % :laughing: 34.5 % 🧥 1.7 % :cry: 13.8 % :🤗 6.9 % :poo: 1.7 %
By Oboogie
Bones McCoy wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:34 pm
Youngian wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 4:11 pm We’ve reached peak Tory, a former army colonel who now writes in the Telegraph about the need for ungrateful young layabouts to do national service.
Listen up Rupert de hyphenated twatt.

Furlough wasn't paid to 14 year olds.
It was however paid to working people of various ages, why don't the older ones have to "repay their debt to the nation"?
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Bones McCoy
Private School contributions follow a very similar trajectory to Rental Reform ones.

With the schools:
Everybody there was poor.
Parents working like the four Yorkshiremen to afford the fees.
Everybody had special needs that weren't catered for in the state system.

You end up wondering where all the Oxbridge Ball Hoorays, all those equestrian "athletes" at the Olympics, Bullingdon Scum and tory boys were hiding.

With the Landlords:
It's incredibly hard work.
We don't make any money.
Always in arrears because of repairs.
I've never met one of those bad landlords.

Such hard work that they manage to cram a radio phone in at 10am so that five of the six calls are from landlords.
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Thu May 30, 2024 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidjay liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
I remember one of the things Roy Jenkins particularly disliked about the Left of his time was that they wanted to ban private education. Not that Labour's going down that route, but the attitude was much more deferential then. Private schools now seem woefully unprepared for being challenged. as if they're still living in that era. Support now seems pretty much confined to the Tory Party, which itself has lost a lot of its traditional professional support to other parties. So the cavlary isn't really arriving.
By Yug
This won't be doing their election prospects much good

No Tory MPs voted positively on climate issues since party took power, study finds

Labour and Liberal Democrats dominated list of MPs who were rated as very good in backing environmental policies

https://amp.theguardian.com/environment ... tudy-finds
More like this please.
By Youngian
Canvassed a leafy estate yesterday which would once have been Tory and Labour now doing well. When asked undecideds if there’s a party they won’t vote for, the Greens kept coming up. That’s because they have Green councillors and like UKIP, this often happens when their voters see them govern.
By Tubby Isaacs
Youngian wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:44 am Canvassed a leafy estate yesterday which would once have been Tory and Labour now doing well. When asked undecideds if there’s a party they won’t vote for, the Greens kept coming up. That’s because they have Green councillors and like UKIP, this often happens when their voters see them govern.
We've got a Green councillor who I voted for to stick it to Sunak and they were second; I'd have voted Lib Dem if they were second. So there's lots of potential for them to get votes off Labour an Lib Dems if they are felt to be the challengers, which is what they're telling us, repeatedly.

But I wonder about the Green national platform is going to be very helpful to the Greens. Herefordshire is a very rural county. Does "tax driving more and run rural buses" work? Less well than in Bristol Central, I should think. I wonder if they could get caught out like the Lib Dems in Cornwall, when being pro-EU eventually in a Leave county caught up with them big time.
By Andy McDandy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:39 pm
But I wonder about the Green national platform is going to be very helpful to the Greens. Herefordshire is a very rural county. Does "tax driving more and run rural buses" work? Less well than in Bristol Central, I should think.
While green policies will lead over time to a cheaper and more sustainable way of life, some are still at the stage of those people you see on Countryfile who have jacked it all in to live off the land and off grid. Easier to do that if you've a few grand in the bank and 200 acres. The sort of poverty you have to be quite rich to enjoy.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]