:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/one-word-coul ... 23003.html

Christopher "no" Hope has a way through the privileges committee investigation: ignore the results and whip the red wallers through the polls.
I imagine de Pifflecunt has been offering all and sundry cabinet positions and money for their constituencies, such is his grip on reality
Oboogie liked this
By satnav
I think even if Johnson does win the chances of him turning the economy around in the next 2 years are very slim. Any cabinet he forms will be fairly mediocre. I can't see Truss or Sunak returning, Gove has effectively retired from frontline politics and Sajid has probably had enough of the circus, Hunt won't hang around and most of the 50 ministers who quite 5 months ago will look very stupid if they accept jobs with him a second time around.

So we finish up with the worst possible cabinet at a time when some serious cuts will need to be made in public spending.
By Oboogie
davidjay wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:27 pm I think/hope that he's putting out feelers and realising that beyond a few headbanging MPs and Twitter bots he hasn't got the support he thinks he has.
He'll get the support of the ERG (60 MPS IIRC) plus some red wallers and whoever he promises a cabinet job to. Will that add up to 100? Not sure, but it must be close.
Hope calculates that he'll get 60 from the ERG, but then needs to work.

Meanwhile his resignation honours are still to go through. That could lead to 8 or 10 fewer nutters, and 8 or 10 by-election losses.
Apparently this morning Johnson was meeting backers, saying he was going it alone and had even bothered to be smartly dressed. Which translates to Rishi telling him to fuck off and he’s now desperately hoping to scrape together a few more supporters to not look like a flop.

Which is all delightful, as for him to appear not to be the most important and not to have his ‘Destiny fulfilled’ this is like torture.
Arrowhead liked this
I’m starting to wonder if some of this is Trumpian in the sense the only way to avoid consequences is to be in office. Johnson must have heard the same rumblings about the dire nature of his imminent standards review. The only way to avert a humiliating, full exposure of his lying and cheating followed by the potential embarrassment of a suspension, recall and then losing his seat in a by-election is to stop that review. And the only way he could trigger the vote to do that and whip it so it passes is as leader. And if his lackeys give him that, they can then ask favours - such as Zahawi wanting cover for his tax dodging.
Oboogie, Arrowhead liked this
That’s the irony - Sunak may win over a few of the voters who have floated Labour’s way. But he may lose a few more furious they didn’t get to re-elect the fetid blancmange of corruption.

Oh, and of course all those who ‘just don’t like him because he doesn’t *seem* British’ in some nebulous way they can’t put their finger on but that is somehow related to melatonin.

EDIT: Melanin, not melatonin. Gah!
Last edited by Crabcakes on Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If he gets 100 backers, we will know. If he doesn't, he will still have 60-odd ERG hooligans ready to fuck Sunak over.

If you've seen Gangs of New York, he'll be like Bill the Butcher on election day.

Funnily enough, Steve Baker was on the news saying make him party chairman. Do fundraising. Don't run anything important.
Andy McDandy wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:47 pm If he gets 100 backers, we will know. If he doesn't, he will still have 60-odd ERG hooligans ready to fuck Sunak over.

If you've seen Gangs of New York, he'll be like Bill the Butcher on election day.

Funnily enough, Steve Baker was on the news saying make him party chairman. Do fundraising. Don't run anything important.

A chairman role would see Johnson end his political career as a 21st century Jeffrey Archer. Which was the accepted pay grade of Boris’s talents before this madness began.
Seems to be the Red Wallers clinging on to the Boris myth. I’m guessing younger commuting Tory voters in High Wycombe are less bothered having one of ‘them’ as PM than Blackpool south
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]