:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 3.3 % :laughing: 26.7 % :cry: 26.7 % :🤗 10 % :poo: 3.3 %
Dunno why I'm bothering to post this. Just normal Tory behaviour, after all.

A Conservative local election candidate has been suspended by the party after the BBC uncovered a tweet in which he endorsed the views of Tommy Robinson.

Stephen Chadwick said the English Defence League founder had been "talking complete and utter sense" about "Islamic problems".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... e-56947912
We have one of those around here, as well.

He quit the party in 2018, when his rather public views were highlighted. The party then claimed that they couldn't do anything about him, because he quit.

This year, not only had he been allowed back into the party at some point, but he'd been selected to stand as a district councillor.

Of course, the Tories only stopped sitting on their hands and suspended him when the CLP got local and national press and Hope Not Hate involved. It was too late to keep him off the ballot, though.
Speaking as someone who attends the Blackburn campaign meetings: look up some of his older videos, from his time as an independent.

I'm just heading to bed, but if you can't find any, I'll post some after work tomorrow.
Don't know if this falls under Tory Twats or Craven BBC

Last night on local news (East Midlands Today), lead story was 27 year old mother who had committed suicide due to benefits being stopped, one of the reasons for stopping them given by DWP was that she would not attend an interview to assess her for PIP , she was agoraphobic (amongst other issues) and DWP refused to visit her at home. The coroner listed 28 failings in the DWP's handling of her case.
The second part to my observation; further on in the programme they had an interview with Ben Bradley, who besides being a Nottinghamshire MP, is now also leader of Nottinghamshire Country Council, and was smugly bigging up how he could do both jobs (setting aside the extra £50k he will make from it), the reporter failed to challenge him on the above case
I imagine a few long term councillors would be a bit miffed at that.

This is more of the clearing out of the old guard and replacing them with kids or noobs who can be counted on to take orders.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:39 pm Nice of them not to ask him.

Ben Bradley doesn't scream "executive responsibility" to me. Still, I suppose some US states like governors like him.
The only thing Ben Bradley screams is self-satisfied tosser.
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:39 pm I imagine a few long term councillors would be a bit miffed at that.

This is more of the clearing out of the old guard and replacing them with kids or noobs who can be counted on to take orders.
Yeah, I am sure there are some Tory councillors who've got their heads down. I remember the Oxfordshire guy schooling Cameron on what he was allowed to cut and what he wasn't.
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:39 pm I imagine a few long term councillors would be a bit miffed at that.

Seriously warming to this progressive alliance approach if Johnson makes a dash to accrue more power. And I don’t mind respected sane former Tories standing as Martin Bell single candidate type independents if that is the best shot to dislodge these arseholes.
Oboogie, zuriblue liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]