:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Tubby Isaacs
Kingswood is in what used to be called Avon, adjacent to Bristol, and is mostly being absorbed by a new Bristol North East constituency. Stroud isn't too far away, but there are a couple of constituencies in between there and Kingswood. Apart from the town of Stroud, Kingswood is much more urban.

Edit- actually you know all this, don't you? Apologies for pedantry.
Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Spoonman
If the by-elections keep on trickling through before a proper election is called, I wonder how long it might take before another Tory PM tries to curry favour with the DUP again? It's an outside chance at this stage, but still a chance.
By Bones McCoy
Let's see whether there's enough wingnut welfare for all this year's Portillos.

There can only be so many railway and gardening programmes needing a host.
Many Portillos will find that "Former MP for ..." doesn't pull in an many Dirhams as "Serving minister for ..." in the broadcasting world.
By Andy McDandy
Portillo also has, for want of a better word, charisma. The rizz is somewhat lacking in the current crop, very much their stump dat.

Also, in many cases, absolute lack of hinterland.
By slilley
I have noticed on X (formerly Twitter) several Conservative MPs posting about the Post Office scandal and how something must be done. Apart from James Arbuthnot, now in the Lords who seems to have taken this up a numbe rof years ago and run with it, not too many others have, which makes me think they have seen this as another convinient bandwagon to jump aboard in the hope of perhaps saving their own skins come election time.
By Andy McDandy
Definitely a small c conservative demographic, albeit with a significant number of people of Asian descent. Not that it could have borne any weight on editorial decisions, of course. I mean, on the one hand, lots of technical information and stuff; on the other, they're all on the fiddle. What is a Dacre to do?
By Tubby Isaacs
The rest of that Tweet is vintage "straight talking".
Since the scandal continued under Labour, Tory and Lib Dim administrations ( Ed Davey turned down a meeting with Mr Bates)
Some people gone in 2010 are just as responsible as his mates in government since then, when the problems became much more obvious.
By Bones McCoy
kreuzberger wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:45 pm
Watchman wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:34 pm The only place I ever read about it was in Private Eye
Radio 4 has broadcast a couple of multi-episode series over the last three years or so. The tories don't listen to that once their Today Programme clocks off at 09:00.
I was made aware of it through the BBC (which thy wish to defund).
Oboogie liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
He also doesn't know (despite considerable publicity) that Alan Bates turned down a knighthood.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]