:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Tubby Isaacs
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:58 am I quite enjoy the nibbling. Every time Gove pops up to say "Nothing to worry about, typical midterm result, no evidence of support for opposition on the doorstep*, steady as she goes, voters want more of the same from us", a little bit more of him dies. At this rate he'll be a zombie by the time a GE is called. He's probably on it, at any rate.

*I love that line. There may have been no appetite for Labour on the doorstep**, but there was fairly obviously one in the polling station.

**The safe doorstep with a nice Tory voter that the minister was told to tap on***.

***The door, not the voter. Usually best to clarify with that lot.
Yeah, this stuff went so well in 1997. I didn't vote Tory in the local elections, but was polite to their candidate when I saw him walking down our road. Maybe he's stoll mystified by the 27 percentage point defeat he had at the polling station.
By davidjay
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:11 pm
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:58 am I quite enjoy the nibbling. Every time Gove pops up to say "Nothing to worry about, typical midterm result, no evidence of support for opposition on the doorstep*, steady as she goes, voters want more of the same from us", a little bit more of him dies. At this rate he'll be a zombie by the time a GE is called. He's probably on it, at any rate.

*I love that line. There may have been no appetite for Labour on the doorstep**, but there was fairly obviously one in the polling station.

**The safe doorstep with a nice Tory voter that the minister was told to tap on***.

***The door, not the voter. Usually best to clarify with that lot.
Yeah, this stuff went so well in 1997. I didn't vote Tory in the local elections, but was polite to their candidate when I saw him walking down our road. Maybe he's stoll mystified by the 27 percentage point defeat he had at the polling station.
Don't just be polite. Stop them and hold them up for as long as you can.
By Tubby Isaacs
Getting rid of Greg Hands hasn't improved the standards, by the look of it. "Ric" Holden (who's called Ric? Is he trying to distinguish himself from the Rick Holden, the ex Oldham winger?) is playing what's known as the Arsenal Gambit. If somewhere hosts nice holidays, it must be great for refugees too.

By Malcolm Armsteen
In the past 48 hours we've had:
"You are only allowed to Tweet about your main occupation"
and
"16 year olds can't be trusted on social media"

This from a libertarian proponent of free speech.

Man's a fascist.
By davidjay
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:35 pm In the past 48 hours we've had:
"You are only allowed to Tweet about your main occupation"
and
"16 year olds can't be trusted on social media"

This from a libertarian proponent of free speech.

Man's a fascist.
You should know by now that free speech is a one-way concept.
Spoonman, zuriblue liked this
By Crabcakes
So Rwanda is simultaneously a really safe place, but not safe enough for children to go on holiday, but safe enough for refugees and asylum seekers at risk to be sent there forever, but also so awful it’s a deterrent, but perfectly fine for people like Braverman and Sunak to have a lovely trip to, but dreadful enough we have to take refugees from them in exchange?
Oboogie liked this
By Oboogie
Under the terms of the Rwanda deal, the UK has agreed to accept unspecified numbers of people from Rwanda which, according to the UK government, is a safe country.

So where does that leave the Gammonist argument that we should send the boats of refugees/asylum seekers back to France on the grounds that France is a safe country?
By slilley
soulboy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:14 pm The delightful Miriam Cates appears to be in deep doo doo. No details as yet but we live in hope that it is something deeply damaging to the Tories.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... s-watchdog
I see that no details of the alleged conduct have been released and will not be until the investigation has been completed. If it is very serious then it could lead to a suspension from the House, and we could be down the path of a recall petition. Do we know if Labour have a prospective parliamentary candidate in place in Penistone? If they have they should be strating to draw up battle plans for a by-election and being seen around the constituency.
By Andy McDandy
former biology teacher
Glad it's former. Fuck, putting her in charge of sex ed. and evolution is like putting Fred West in charge of the YWCA and adjoining building supplies depot.
By soulboy
Quentin Letts has leapt to Miriam's defence.

QUENTIN LETTS: Miriam Cates is accused of besmirching a body that's now a byword for cupidity, dimness and hypocrisy. And I say that with pride!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... crisy.html
Her alleged sin was undisclosed, though on Westminster's Press corridor (river of truths) it was rumoured to be her attendance at a party during lockdown.
When not heaping lavish praise on Cates he manages to say the quiet part out loud.
Mrs Cates is the sort of politician the BBC describes as 'far-Right'. They were throwing that one at Rishi Sunak at the weekend. Far-Right Rishi! If only he were.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Quite. None of the others got 'investigated' even after FPNs had been issued. Unless, of course, it was a particularly egregious offence.

Most likely money.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]