:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:53 pm Conservative ideals popular with the younger generation? Well, who doesn't want financial security, low taxes, and great public services? Thing is, the young people have watched for 13 years as the ideal has been replaced by cronyism, corruption, and pulling up the drawbridge behind them.

The only young people they appeal to any more are the school bullies.
I hear the final eleven members were DNA tested.
All showed as Spaffer's "natural children".
By Andy McDandy
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... e-a-speech

John Crace's roundup. There's the PM!
Whatever Sunak says, people don’t believe him. He and the Tories have exhausted the country’s patience. But the government only has one mode. Rather than surrendering gracefully, all that Rish! can do is blunder on. We’ve now reached the point where what he says is effectively obsolete hours before he’s actually said it.
Cameron!
It’s Chipping Norton I mostly feel sorry for. The village has a bad enough rep as the epicentre for twats and now Lord Big Dave has annexed it for his title. Chipping Norton will never recover. The shame.
Johnson!
Boris Johnson. AKA a total halfwit. Someone who would change his mind several times a day. Was unable to understand a simple graph. Who was unfit to be in charge. Weak. Couldn’t make a decision. Thought that old people were better off being left to die in the streets.
Sunak again!
He did care. He would rather people had died. Far better for the economy than letting them rack up costs on an overstretched NHS.
And finally, Hancock!
The fantasist who was unable to tell the truth.
Oboogie liked this
By Samanfur
Oh dear.

Reasonable for protesters to call Iain Duncan Smith ‘Tory scum’, court rules

Two protesters were “reasonable” in calling Iain Duncan Smith “Tory scum” outside the Conservative party conference, the high court has ruled, in a rejection of an attempt to overturn their acquittal.

Lord Justice Popplewell and Justice Fordham said no fault in law was made by a senior district judge last November in finding Ruth Wood, 52, and Radical Haslam, 30, not guilty of using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with intent.

In response to a request for a judicial review from the director of public prosecutions, the high court found that Judge Goldspring, who is also described as a chief magistrate, had made the important finding that “the use of Tory scum was to highlight the policies” of Duncan Smith, and that this was relevant to the “reasonableness of the conduct” in relation to the rights of freedom of expression and assembly.

There was nothing to undermine Goldspring’s conclusion that criminalising the words “Tory scum” would be a disproportionate interference in the two protesters’ rights, the high court ruled.

Tom Wainwright, a barrister at Garden Court Chambers representing Wood and Haslam, said the judgment represented an important defence of the right to freedom of expression.

He said: “Just the idea that someone can be convicted for saying this is bizarre in the first place. The director of public prosecutions was trying to put the burden on the defendants to show that they hadn’t crossed the line – the crucial question of when free speech crosses the line into something that is criminal.

“What this judgment confirms is that it is not for the defence to show that, but it is for the state to show that there is a good reason to restrict free speech and that a conviction is the only way that could be done.”
kreuzberger, mattomac, Oboogie and 1 others liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Tim 'dim but dim' Montgomerie is on Sophy Ridge. If he hasn't recently had a stroke he is off his tits - too long on the green room? Random head movement, slurred speech, staring vacantly into space...

Also, the man's a cunt.
By Tubby Isaacs
I've no idea what "presumption against transitioning" means in practice, but this still seems like it'll have Esther McVey turning up in Gillian Keegan's office at 8am. And it seems a lot better than expected.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... sh-schools
Guidance to allow transgender children to socially transition in English schools
Government likely to let children change names, pronouns or uniforms in guidance to be issued this year, reports say
I suppose it's early enough in McVey's new job that she can't really walk out over this.
By Watchman
Another demonstration that they are only in it for themselves, and have no interest in the wellbeing of the population

https://inews.co.uk/news/mp-vaping-tory ... ry-2776212

https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... g-industry
By Tubby Isaacs
Brave line here. At least the economy was doing well when John Major tried it (and failed massively). Don't let Labour spoil this economic stagnation.

Labour have held lots of events with business, but nobody before Kemi seems to have picked up on this mood of fear. I don't know what's worse. That she's lying, or she hasn't picked up on the fact that business lobbyists might tell the government what it wants to hear in search of favours.

Sharp pop culture reference though. Labour being fired early on, by being 17 points up in the polls.

Kemi's job under Major was done by Michael Hestletine.

By satnav
Quite a few Tory MPs have been quick to score cheap political points over the fact that Labour controlled Nottingham City Council has effectively become bankrupt. They have conveniently ignored the fact that Tory run Nottinghamshire County Council and Tory controlled Derbyshire County Council are both in serious financial difficulties.
By Andy McDandy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:13 pm Brave line here. At least the economy was doing well when John Major tried it (and failed massively). Don't let Labour spoil this economic stagnation.
Picturing her as Bane from Batman.

"You merely tolerate business! I was born in it!"
By Abernathy
Frankly, I think Stanley could be onto something here.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 56241.html
Stanley Johnson has urged Rishi Sunak to let Nigel Farage join the Conservative “troops” to transform the party’s general election chances.

Boris Johnson’s father claimed the Tories should “open their arms” to the former Brexit party leader in a desperate bid to transform dire polling fortunes.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]