:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Youngian
Doesn’t look like the highly paid bricklayers Fletcher mentioned start out earning a lot either even though they’ve had to study for qualifications. Well der. As already mentioned, the path to higher aspirations later in life through NVQ levels 4 and 5 has never been more accessible practically or in people’s minds that it could be for them. And yes a brickie may have to pay for the fees to become a stone mason or an architect just like all other graduates.
Attachments
IMG_5019.jpeg
IMG_5019.jpeg (599.58 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
By RedSparrows
Listen, carefully, to the rumble in the distance . You hear it? It's the 'WHAT WE NEED ARE GOOD VOCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS' stampede.

It comes around like clockwork, never paying attention to the farce that is educational policy over the past 13 years.
By Yug
The Party that doesn't actually disapprove of bullying sex-pests

A minister has been photographed campaigning with the former Conservative MP Peter Bone, who was suspended from parliament last week after an investigation found that he had engaged in bullying and sexual misconduct.

Tom Pursglove, a minister in the Department for Work and Pensions, was photographed by the Sunday Mirror canvassing in Northamptonshire with Bone two days after his sanction was ratified by MPs.

Bone’s suspension was approved without a vote after a watchdog found he had harassed and bullied a staff member and exposed his genitals near their face.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... peter-bone
The science secretary, Michelle Donelan, became the second cabinet minister, after the education secretary, Gillian Keegan, to insist there was no wider cultural problem within the Conservative party ...
Says a woman whose colleague is out and about with a bullying sex-pest.

Approached by the newspaper for comment, the Tory minister refused to say whether it was appropriate for him to be canvassing with a suspended MP. Bone reportedly told the Mirror: “I’d love to talk to you, but we’re out canvassing. Have a nice day.”
By Bones McCoy
RandomElement wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:43 pm If Charles stands up for the King's Speech and says something along the lines of 'Fuck this, I not reading this shit, the planet is dying, and this drivel is only going to make it worse. Rewrite it'
I'll be a monarchist for life.
I'm not so easily swayed.
But if he turns up with a court executioner and a big axe, I might reconsider.
By Yug
The Britain the Tories created, part whatever of an occasional series

Council leaders have urged Jeremy Hunt to intervene to prevent the collapse of local homelessness services because of the soaring costs of providing emergency housing for evicted families.

A letter signed by a cross-party group of local authority leaders in England indicates that some town halls in effect face bankruptcy and describes mounting temporary housing bills for homeless households as a “critical risk to the financial sustainability of many local authorities”.

It calls for an immediate cash injection of £100m for councils to provide emergency rent support for families at risk of homelessness, together with an end to the four-year freeze on housing allowance rates and long-term investment in social housing.

“Without urgent intervention, the existence of our safety net is under threat,” says the letter to Hunt, the chancellor. “The danger is that we have no option but to start withdrawing services which currently help so many families to avoid hitting crisis point.”...

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/202 ... s-services
Evictions in some council areas have doubled over the past year as private landlords hit by climbing interest rates dump tenants to sell up or raise rents. Sky-high rents, scarcity of social housing and housing benefit cuts have drastically shrunk the supply of affordable properties in many districts.

Having deliberately pursued policies which make people poorer, a government spokesman lies:
“We are committed to reducing the need for temporary accommodation by preventing homelessness before it occurs in the first place, which is why we are providing councils with £1bn through the homelessness prevention grant over three years.”
With the very real prospect of them being out of office within the next 12 months they decide to dole out some cash over the next three years. Hmmm...
By Abernathy
RandomElement wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:43 pm If Charles stands up for the King's Speech and says something along the lines of 'Fuck this, I not reading this shit, the planet is dying, and this drivel is only going to make it worse. Rewrite it'
I'll be a monarchist for life.

Thinking about this, I'd guess that Brian gets sight of the speech before he has to sit in the big golden chair wearing his sparkly hat and read the fucker out. So if he was going to object to any of the content, which constitutionally, I think he is entitled to do (I could be wrong about that), maybe he'd have done it already. At the least, you'd have expected him to have had a go at Sunak during his weekly audience with him. It's probably ludicrously fanciful to imagine that old jug-ears (Chas not Rishi) might actually be able to lever in a simulacrum of positivity to what is otherwise going to be the script for a 12 month skip fire.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]