:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
Samanfur wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:34 pm There's another shot from the same set doing the rounds, of Johnson with Carrie and Dorries in the same pose.

Dorries looks like she's been sucking a nettle.
Must. Not. Make. Obvious. Joke.
What do we think is the best outcome for the opposition parties right now? Presumably a Johnson victory but with, say, very roughly a third of his own MPs rebelling against him?

Johnson is so duplicitous, even if he achieves only a narrow win tonight I suspect he'll just shrug his shoulders and refuse to budge.
Pity he's not got his old mucker Dom with him still. The thought of them expelling rebel MPs is just so juicy. Petulant, childish, spiteful, and so very him.
Arrowhead liked this
By Boiler
I have no doubt whatsoever that he will win the VoNC and he will continue in post, as did his predecessor: and even without Moscow Dom present I would wager there will be expulsions.

As @davidjay has pointed out - this is too early and not only makes him safe in position for the next twelve months, it allows an attack strategy to be formed.

Oh, I rather liked all the Jubilee fluff compared to this.... :roll:
By Oboogie
davidjay wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:39 am It's too early. There isn't a critical mass against him, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the votes are from his supporters to ensure he's safe for another twelve months.
Winning a no-confidence vote didn't make Theresa May safe.
I think he’ll win tonight but not by as much as he thinks, and that this is the beginning of a long, drawn out and excruciating (for Tories) death rattle. He won’t go voluntarily, will promote even more lackeys, but will be so weakened that the counter-briefing and backstabbing will be near constant. More and more will leak and come out, and the denials and defences on TV will look ever more ridiculous.

Let’s not forget he thinks he is entitled to the job, and values loyalty and popularity above all else. He’ll be livid this has even happened, and will be out for revenge. And in doing so he will destroy the Conservative party for probably a generation. An early GE now could decimate the Tory ranks. Hanging on risks things getting even worse. There’s no solution. Labour are 20 points clear in Wakefield. Johnson’s electoral magic - which was never much more than not being Corbyn or May - has gone and will not return.

Live by the Boris, die by the Boris.
Watchman, Oboogie, Nigredo and 1 others liked this
Part of his appeal was that he could engage with people in a way most MPs can't - essentially a sleb MP, whatever he was doing in any official capacity was simply background to him doing stunts, gladhanding crowds and putting on his act. The problem there is that while people might say "they're all the same", and vote in a Kipper council or a Johnsonite MP as a protest vote, they never last long. They invariably fail to do their jobs, seem only to be interested in the freebies, and get booted out first chance.

As Jesse Norman said, he exists in campaign mode only. He doesn't appreciate that whipping up crowds is only part of a politician's job - the other bit is actually getting shit done. And you can't just sit there screaming "I WANT!", even if you're the PM.
Samanfur liked this
By Boiler
Toynbee writes.

Rebels warn that if he won’t budge, they will boycott all his legislation. Johnsonites retaliate by warning the whip will be withdrawn from rebels, so they can’t stand as Conservatives again. And then there is the nuclear threat: if too many vote against him, he might launch a shock general election, just to lose them all their seats in revenge. Après moi, le déluge – the thinking of every megalomaniac.
Boiler wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:35 am Beer Korma's questionnaire?

I'm wondering if Johnson will try to arrange a "6th January" rather than leave if he gets booted out (which, as I have said before, he won't).

But I can expect rebels to be sent to Siberia by him.
I know I shouldn't.
The prospect of a bunch of gammon faced yokels and Tommeh fanboys getting truncheoned by the Met sounds like top class entertainment.

Better, certainly than the Jubilee celebration.
Comparable with the Countryside Alliance's ill advised trip to the capital.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]