:sunglasses: 50 % :laughing: 43.8 % :cry: 6.3 %
By Malcolm Armsteen
RedSparrows wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:06 pm In my weaker Abernathy moments Mordaunt seems a rather good example of a public school boy's matron fantasies. What awfulness do I need to know to corral my weaker instincts?
See Matron. She'll put some bromide in your cocoa. And have a cold shower.
By Abernathy
Just been watching a bit of the Tory leadership candidates’ debate on C4. In reply to the question from Krishnan Guru-Murthy, “ Is Boris Johnson honest? Yes or no.” , Tom Tugendhat was the only candidate to answer simply “no.”, and got a hearty round of applause from the audience in the studio for doing so. EVERY other candidate equivocated quite pathetically.

He’d get my vote were I a gammon.
Arrowhead, Oboogie, Nigredo liked this
By Abernathy
Another significant moment occurred when Guru-Murthy asked for a show of hands by the audience on whether people thought they could trust politicians. Not a single hand went up. This is what Johnson has done. If the candidates on the platform were concerned about this (and they bloody well should be), they didn’t show it.

Fuck a duck.
Oboogie, Nigredo liked this
By satnav
I caught Truss answering the first question about trust in which she basically said she backed Johnson out of loyalty but did have a quiet word with him in private about his behaviour. She was also trying to big up how she stood up to Putin I must have missed that particular confrontation.
By davidjay
Abernathy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:11 pm Another significant moment occurred when Guru-Murthy asked for a show of hands by the audience on whether people thought they could trust politicians. Not a single hand went up. This is what Johnson has done. If the candidates on the platform were concerned about this (and they bloody well should be), they didn’t show it.

Fuck a duck.
It's hardly great political insight, but I've been saying for a long while that Johnson's greatest legacy will be to have normalised sleaze, corruption and fraud in politics and make the electorate think "They're all like that".
Oboogie, Samanfur, Nigredo liked this
By kreuzberger
More "hardly great political insight" but, as I drift increasingly remote from any understanding of the UK, I progressively lose the control of my jaw with these people.

Their courtship of party members seems to me to be so diametrically opposed to what actually matters to just about everyone else that it is counter-intuitive. Surely, one of their number actually mentions the utter madness in this. No?

Regarding the candidates themselves, Tugendhat doesn't fill me with creeping horror. That eases him in to the Assets column. But the rest of them, is this really it?

It probably salves a few intellectual wounds that Brayver, Brarver, Bravverman has been shuffled out of the picture. Few would disagree that we are talking about a hamster-faced cabbage whose only interesting features are her kink (fair enough) and the fact that she would set Northern Ireland ablaze by dint of Belarusian-level withdrawal from international norms.

As far as Morduant is concerned, she seems to have a reasonably impressive set of breasts for her age but which are not out of proportion to the rest of the upshot of eager nourishment. But that's it - if we try to shudder ourselves in to the perspectives of these party members who exercise this absurd Solomonic control over the short to mid-term future of the country.

Truss is for me, at least, the scary one. This is a person of such limited faculty that she fails to chew her own cheeks, so the only conclusion must be that she is malleable to the nth degree. There won't be too many prizes for guessing who is pulling the strings but I remain buggered if I can work out why they even bother. What is the end game? They have eased themselves into the free-range tax dodging status which fuels inter-generational wealth. The likelihood of a Putin-flavoured bust is now vanishingly small and the only consideration left on the table is pure vanity.

I simply don't get it. And much of that is because they won't elect Tugendhat, the only candidate who could stabilise their ship in the face of Starmer.
Watchman, davidjay, Nigredo liked this
By Youngian
I simply don't get it. And much of that is because they won't elect Tugendhat, the only candidate who could stabilise their ship in the face of Starmer

This is the result of a party that’s moulded by Johnson and Brexit. Mainly low life chancers, swivel eyed loons and bottom feeders. For this country to be taken seriously again, this incarnation of the Tory party needs to be wiped from political life forever. They’re at least making it an easier task.
kreuzberger, Arrowhead, zuriblue and 1 others liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Dan Neidle is an ex partner in a City law firm, so would be surprised if he was wrong about this. Upshot of this thread is that Zahawi may have a lot of extra tax to pay (not just the amount avoided but the same amount again as a penalty), and could even be prosecuted for evasion.

Surely he can't be in the Cabinet with this hanging over him?

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]