:sunglasses: 50 % :laughing: 43.8 % :cry: 6.3 %
By Spoonman
Boiler wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:47 pm
Bones McCoy wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:24 pm And a return to normal service:
Does any one know if any of the other candidates have been covering up that they can speak French, or any other foreign language?
We need to know if we are to make an informed decision.
Is that quote from ConHome, Bones? Can't be serious, surely?
Reminiscent from about a decade ago during the American Republican primaries where Newt Gingrich's team sent out an attack advert on Mitt Romney based on the simple fact that Romney could speak French.

Arrowhead liked this
By satnav
I didn't realise until I watched a news programme earlier today that there is a lot of bad blood between Michael Gove and Liz Truss. I wonder if he is throwing his weight behind Badenoch in order to deprive Truss of vital votes. At some point Badenoch is going to be the candidate who makes or breaks Liz Truss. What will Truss have to offer Badenoch and Gove in order to win over their support and the people who are currently voting for Badenoch?
By Malcolm Armsteen
It's just a school. Tories can trash schools just for a headline. It's what they do.

The further point is that to these culture warriors what you, I and most sensible people would think is a good school will not be what they think is a good school...
Last edited by Malcolm Armsteen on Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattomac liked this
By Bones McCoy
mattomac wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:01 am Sebastian Payne really speaks some utter garbage. She may not have stuck those signs up in the policy exchange she however agrees with them, she is also a climate change denialist.

As for TT, I’m not even sure what he stands for, I know he wants to cut net zero.
I've watched Tugendhat for a while.
Initially interested to see how the retired officer tories would respond to Johnson (Fairly poorly, see Stewart, Wallace, Tugendhat).

Tugendhat was interesting as a bit of a voice in the wilderness warning about the Russian threat.
While most of the party were supping at the Russian teat, and playing the "beter than those scary muslims" card.

He got a bit of publicity after the Salisbury poisonings, doing regular "told you so" interviews where he expanded on the broader Russian threat.
This, pretty much consigned him to the wilderness under a Johnson regime.

Being a Tory, he also wasn't able to call out the oligarchs for their wider abuses.

Has also gone off-message on Cameron and Johnson's defence number reductions.
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arrowhead liked this
By Bones McCoy
The contest turns nasty.

Lord Frost (him again) writes in today's Telegraph telling Badenoch to step down and make way for Truss.

ConHome whispering campaign against Morduant includes
* Her brother's one of those gays.
* She's the wrong side of the trans issue.
* Marriage barely lasted a year, I wonder why (see above).

Nobody does nasty like the nasty party.

I do wonder why an election with fewer then 400 voters is receiving so much national publicity.
The Isles of Scilly district council has far more voters.
By Rosvanian
My 83 year old mother (a Labour supporter her whole life) was talking to my 85 year old mother in law on the phone yesterday ( who was born and grew up in the shadow of the slag heap from the pit that dominated her Lancashire town, but who has been vocally, proudly Tory her whole life). Mother-in-law: "I don't want a black person for PM. Enoch was right; they have taken over".
By Youngian
Bones McCoy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:48 pm The contest turns nasty.

Lord Frost (him again) writes in today's Telegraph telling Badenoch to step down and make way for Truss.

ConHome whispering campaign against Morduant includes
* Her brother's one of those gays.
* She's the wrong side of the trans issue.
* Marriage barely lasted a year, I wonder why
An agent of Popery. Doesn’t this old doffer know Johnson’s Catholic?

The Mail’s going to town ripping Mordaunt apart, this morning. A compilation of stuff we know (co-wrote woke book praised by Blair and other such piffle). Except they don’t seem to know Penny’s an even more sinister free market headbanger than Truss.
This is all good news. PM Mourdant would have enough PR savvy to wing it to an early GE before it all falls apart. Truss hasn’t.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]