:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Bones McCoy
kreuzberger wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:44 pm How do these people even begin with the idea that 15-minute cities are a "bad thing"?

It's like free ice-cream for grown-ups and where their commercial property mates find attractive, sustainable uses for their otherwise moribund investments.

Oh, I get it. "Labour will ban taxis", or something.
Taxis are usually very efficient.
One vehicle, multiple journeys around a relatively restricted region.

A problem occurs when organised crime is allowed into the business, or where individual drivers are wrong-uns.
But proper regulation (Tories hate that) and policing (They're not too keen on that when it overlaps "business") can reduce those risks.
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:17 am Labour want councils to watch you on CCTV to tell you how many times you can go to the shops, according to transport secretary Mark Harper. 15 minute cities is a batshit culture war conspiracy theory and that was a Tory minister’s attempt to make it sound saner.
Once again the Tories are copying their homework form cousin Billy-Bob from Alabama.
By Bones McCoy
Yug wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:49 am There's the annual salary of two nurses gone, right there

EXCLUSIVE: Health Secretary spends £55,000 on virtual tours of 40 new hospitals that don't exist

Steve Barclay is putting on roadshows across the country to give the public the chance to put on headsets and pretend they’re getting treated in the new facilities

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... 081972.amp
The Party of fiscal responsibility has given up any attempts to spend money responsibly.

It might be 'only' £55,000, but it's £55,000 more than actually needs to be spent on this.
Virtual is also the only place that Johnson's "40 new hospitals" will be seen.
By Andy McDandy
Bones McCoy wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:22 am
Youngian wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:17 am Labour want councils to watch you on CCTV to tell you how many times you can go to the shops, according to transport secretary Mark Harper. 15 minute cities is a batshit culture war conspiracy theory and that was a Tory minister’s attempt to make it sound saner.
Once again the Tories are copying their homework form cousin Billy-Bob from Alabama.
Freedumb pretty much sums it up. Can't argue with freedom, even when it's against your best interest.

Take taxis - you know why they're licensed? Aside from the safety aspect, it's to make sure there aren't too many in a given area. That's why if a taxi or minicab driver decides it's slow pickings one night in town A, they can't zip over to town B to pick up some extra trade. Yes, it sounds unfair on the driver, punishing them for using their initiative, but what they're doing is cutting into the market for the drivers of town B. So you have to have regulation, or it's a free for all. And they'd whinge about that, too.

Ditto towns where there are no parking regulations. Or church car parks being free of charge on a Sunday. Or free cakes for the first 100 people to turn up. Not sure if it categorises as Tragedy of the Commons, or This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things, or both.
By kreuzberger
Aye, these 15-minute cities. How did I forget?

If ever they are railing against something, there is no point in looking at that Something and trying to figure out what the problem is. Rather, listen to what they are actually saying about it, and therein lies a pack of demonstrable lies.

Just like everything else. Everything.
Boiler, Arrowhead liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
kreuzberger wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:22 pm Aye, these 15-minute cities. How did I forget?

If ever they are railing against something, there is no point in looking at that Something and trying to figure out what the problem is. Rather, listen to what they are actually saying about it, and therein lies a pack of demonstrable lies.

Funny you should say that.

By Tubby Isaacs
Actual Farming Minister, Mark Spencer, when asked to confirm there isn't a meat tax proposal by Labour.
I think there’s been a lot of discussion, particularly on the left of politics, about a meat tax. Lefties love regulation, and they love to regulate, they love to put in extra rules and I just – I rub against that sort of stuff.

I believe in my constituents and their ability to make informed decisions and logical decisions. And I don’t like to over regulate, I’d rather over educate.
Not that I see the problem with meat tax, myself.
By Youngian
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:17 pm Actual Farming Minister, Mark Spencer, when asked to confirm there isn't a meat tax proposal by Labour.
I think there’s been a lot of discussion, particularly on the left of politics, about a meat tax. Lefties love regulation, and they love to regulate, they love to put in extra rules and I just – I rub against that sort of stuff.

I believe in my constituents and their ability to make informed decisions and logical decisions. And I don’t like to over regulate, I’d rather over educate.
Not that I see the problem with meat tax, myself.
I understand this is some Republican and Fox News voodoo the Tories are copying to invent lies and let them circulate.
By RedSparrows
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:10 pm
kreuzberger wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:22 pm Aye, these 15-minute cities. How did I forget?

Funny you should say that.

AND IT STILL GOES ON. MY GOD.

EVERYONE. GO TO THE SUPERMARKET. BURY YOUR FACES IN THE FUCKING BANANAS. SEE THEIR CURVES. TOUCH REALITY, YOU FUCKING CRETINS.

Ahem. Apologies, all. A minor upset.
Tubby Isaacs, Yug liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]