:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
By Boiler
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:59 pm Apparently for many - Baker included - his triumphal performance at the Tuesday night meeting was the proof they needed that his "contrition" was all for show.
From the Beeb:

Senior Conservative backbencher Steve Baker accused Mr Johnson of indulging in an "orgy of adulation" and "a festival of bombast" on Tuesday, shortly after apologising to MPs for his rule-breaking.

He said the PM's "contrition had only lasted as long as it took to get out of the headmaster's study" and that he should be "long gone".
The Guardian can reveal that the former health secretary, Jeremy Hunt, told constituents he had warned whips he would not support moves to delay the inquiry.

Boris Johnson, pictured with Hindu holymen in Ahmedabad during his trade trip to India
Boris Johnson will face Commons inquiry over whether he lied to parliament

Hunt said in an email to constituents that he found the fines issued to Johnson and the chancellor, Rishi Sunak, “shocking and disappointing”. “We will also now see the privileges committee investigate whether parliament was lied to,” he wrote. “I made it clear to the government that I would not have supported any move to delay such an investigation had we been asked to. But in the end thankfully, we were not.”
Is he running? He did come second last time, albeit probably on the back of people wanting to keep Gove out.
kreuzberger wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:33 pm Christ...

Liz Truss: 6/1
Tom Tugendhat: 8/1
Jeremy Hunt: 8/1
Ben Wallace: 10/1
Penny Mordaunt: 21/2
Rishi Sunak: 12/1
Sajid Javid: 17/1
Michael Gove: 20/1
Nadhim Zahawi: 23/1
Dominic Raab: 33/1
Hunt is probably the most palatable one of that bunch, and that is terrifying.

Meanwhile Steve Baker has had a stopped clock moment.
Oboogie liked this
Mordaunt is reasonably high profile, smart enough to have kept out of the defend big dog turd merry-go-round, and has big tits. See the Yes, Prime Minister "newspapers scene" for explanation.
Penny Mogadon doesn’t even sound like she’s convincing herself. Deeply problematic given her bizarre speeches. Like telling the Biden administration they need to buck up their ideas on Brexit and get with the programme or they’ll miss out and be on the wrong side of history. Might be just the person to bolster the fantasies of middle England exceptionalism.
Boiler wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:16 pm Baker referred to Ezekiel 7:3 in his speech, I note.

Which reads:

The end is now upon you, and I will unleash my anger against you. I will judge you according to your conduct and repay you for all your detestable practices
(New International Version)
In which Baker goes all Jules Winnfield*.

* A character from a violent movie m'lud. Yes he does happen to be a coloured gentleman.
By Boiler
Bones McCoy wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:34 am
Boiler wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:16 pm Baker referred to Ezekiel 7:3 in his speech, I note.

Which reads:

The end is now upon you, and I will unleash my anger against you. I will judge you according to your conduct and repay you for all your detestable practices
(New International Version)
In which Baker goes all Jules Winnfield*.

* A character from a violent movie m'lud. Yes he does happen to be a coloured gentleman.
<pedant>

...except that was Ezekiel 25:17.

</pedant>
And it's working...

Stupid* sister-in-law yesterday told me 'they're all at it...'

*Reads the Mail and the Express and believes every word...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]