:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Tubby Isaacs
That's what they said in the US. Nativists can find new voters in surprising places if they go looking for them, which they hadn't really until fairly recently.

Think it's very unlikely that Reform have that level of support in reality. They don't have the overriding single issue that UKIP and the Brexit Party did. I guess we'll know a lot more after the by elections.
By Bones McCoy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:11 pm That's what they said in the US. Nativists can find new voters in surprising places if they go looking for them, which they hadn't really until fairly recently.

Think it's very unlikely that Reform have that level of support in reality. They don't have the overriding single issue that UKIP and the Brexit Party did. I guess we'll know a lot more after the by elections.
It's possibly natural Tories attempting to "send a message".
By Yug
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:11 pm

Who cares? As long as they split the Tory vote, what else matters?
By Andy McDandy
The Kip attracted people who just wanted out of the EU, and didn't care much for their other policies. One acquaintance of mine (and Kipper) said that the little Englander crap wasn't an issue, because they'd never be in power to enact it.

With the Brexit party as well, there was a significant "enough of this already, someone do something" vote, as per the Red Wall in 2019. With Reform/Reclaim/Rectum, they're all about being the "alternative" to the mainstream and are more outwardly fash.
By Youngian
UK won’t be any different to the rest Europe in having a hard right populist party on 10-15 percent. There’s still dark skinned people walking the streets that Brexit didn’t magic away. Add other culture war crap and conspiracy nutters to the party and you have a base. Tories have to decide whether to chase them or beg Rory Stewart to come back, either way they’ll lose voters.
By Tubby Isaacs
This is spectacularly bad by a sozzled looking Johnny Mercer. I don't watch Question Time, but my impression is that Fiona Bruce doesn't generally feel obliged to call out Tories like she rightly does here.

Who are they sending out next week? The Ghost of John McCrirrick?

Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Tubby Isaacs
Wasn't it just?

I thought he was going to say "Labour are making big green promises while not telling you where the funding would come from". For some reason he says "Labour are saying they're green but taking money off Just Stop Oil", which is false and wouldn't be contradictory if it was true. That was a drunk standard attempt at an argument.
Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oboogie liked this
By Bones McCoy
Meanwhile, even the Conservative Home regulars are tired of the never-ending culture war.

(See comments for examples)

Sarah Ingham: Our Armed Forces are too bogged down in the culture wars to focus on a real one

https://conservativehome.com/2023/07/07 ... -real-one/

A good example here
Call me a flag-addled patriot, but I think the armed forces are capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time if it wills it.
This piece is based around a fallacy of false dilemma that is obvious as soon as your reverse the argumentation; the armed forces are so focused on warfare that they don't give a toss about equality, fairness, legitimacy of force in a democratic citizen army or the well-being of their people.
Would that be something to be proud of, desirable, would it even work?
I say no.
If you read the letters of Montgomery, Slim, even "The Auk" in the IWM you will see they personally capable of all the above, often in the same paragraph, never mind the institution being capable of thinking about two things at once.

What this piece really says is that you want your politics enforced on the army (which you pretend are somehow neutral, universal or non-existent, your book was confused on this) and in any case you now think legitimacy isn't important so we might as well hire PMC Wagner (if you genuinely believe nothing else matters) and save some cash.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]