:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:22 pm That was my understanding. They were Remainer traitors, but I wasn't aware they had installed surveillance equipment.
Or "had a telephone" as normal people might say.

Campbell Bannerman is a returnee form UKIP where he was deputy leader.
We need no whining lectures on sedition from the likes of him.
Oboogie liked this
restored "Fun Time Boris" up against the worthy-but-dull Starmer, that once again he'll be back in with a majority? Or, worse still, that the Tories will have found a "disruptor" that will be even more appealing to the DM/Sun/Telegraph mindset? You know the sort of thing - withdraw completely from the ECJ/ECHR, put capital punishment on the table, finally kill the BBC off, withdraw ever more social benefits, deport immigrants without question and "reform" the NHS so there can be a top rate of income tax of 10%?

Boris the comeback kid isn’t impossible but an increasingly implausible scenario. If the Tories could put a winning electoral coalition together on a manifesto of populist pub bore nonsense it wouldn’t have had to bet the house on Johnson to beat err Jeremy Corbyn. The Tories have shot their main culture war foxes. Immigration is still rising on their watch, no one’s interested in their perma-war with Brussels and millions now have an insight to life as a ‘benefit sponger.’ Stringing up nonces would be popular but ranting about home workers, statues, Ms Doctor Who and Marcus Rashford won’t keep their culture war aflame.
It wasn’t until I was 52 that I discovered Road Runners are a real thing. This is because I was now receiving information from David Attenborough instead of just cartoons. I must have sounded an ignorant twat to bird fanciers for decades but didn’t know it. Does this help understand what’s going on in the minds of Campbell-Banner, Bernard Jenkin etc? Its the best I can come up with.
Youngian wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:46 pm It wasn’t until I was 52 that I discovered Road Runners are a real thing. This is because I was now receiving information from David Attenborough instead of just cartoons. I must have sounded an ignorant twat to bird fanciers for decades but didn’t know it. Does this help understand what’s going on in the minds of Campbell-Banner, Bernard Jenkin etc? Its the best I can come up with.
I don't have evidence that any of them are moonlighting for the Acme Corporation.

I can confidently say that they are all lifelong insiders, with intimate knowledge of the Westminster bubble, and access to the levers of publicity.
Boiler wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:53 pm But at the risk of drawing fire, who's to say that in two years' time that all this will have been forgotten, save for a few blogs and newspapers that very few read and with a restored "Fun Time Boris" up against the worthy-but-dull Starmer, that once again he'll be back in with a majority?
It might be forgotten. But with Johnson, the most likely reason it will have been forgotten would be because he has done something else equally as bad or worse.

He’s past the threshold now - there’s no way he can ever regain tge trust he’d need to get another majority.

Would a “red meat” candidate do well? Possibly - but who? There’s no one who is both rabid enough and charismatic enough to pull that off.
Crabcakes wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:39 am
Boiler wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:53 pm But at the risk of drawing fire, who's to say that in two years' time that all this will have been forgotten, save for a few blogs and newspapers that very few read and with a restored "Fun Time Boris" up against the worthy-but-dull Starmer, that once again he'll be back in with a majority?
It might be forgotten. But with Johnson, the most likely reason it will have been forgotten would be because he has done something else equally as bad or worse.

He’s past the threshold now - there’s no way he can ever regain tge trust he’d need to get another majority.

Would a “red meat” candidate do well? Possibly - but who? There’s no one who is both rabid enough and charismatic enough to pull that off.
Let's not underestimate Starmer's legal mind.

I'm sure he will drop a few well chosen memory joggers during the course of the campaign.
Wallpaper, Parties, ill-chosen advisors....
By Boiler
Bones McCoy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:45 am Let's not underestimate Starmer's legal mind.

I'm sure he will drop a few well chosen memory joggers during the course of the campaign.
Wallpaper, Parties, ill-chosen advisors....
It has been said that Starmer played well to judges, but not to juries. It might be worth remembering that.

And as for jogging people's memories; well, many have short ones and most will say "yebbut that was *years* ago" whilst dropping hints about Jeremy Corbyn. Have you noticed how the newspaper that this forum is supposed to be about always points out that Piers Corbyn is "former Labour leader Jeremy's brother" ??
Oh yeah, I can totally see the Tories wheeling out "Vote Starmer, get Corbyn" come the next election. Cue Labour refuting the claim while the Tories lay down a few more whoppers. And as the saying goes, if you're explaining, you're losing...
Andy McDandy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:37 pm Oh yeah, I can totally see the Tories wheeling out "Vote Starmer, get Corbyn" come the next election. Cue Labour refuting the claim while the Tories lay down a few more whoppers. And as the saying goes, if you're explaining, you're losing...
Which is why I think Corbyn’s ego making him physically incapable of doing what he needs to to rejoin Labour is marvellous - any claim of vote Labour get Corbyn is nonsense if he’s been thrown out of Labour by the present leadership.

It seems St Jez’s inability to see how he has done anything wrong is actually going to do some good for once - all the moreso if he peels off a few other morons for his peace and love* project party

*offers of peace and love exempt in Central and Eastern European countries claimed as territory by Russia. Terms and conditions apply.
Oboogie liked this
Apparently the latest defence against the latest accusation is it’s OK to break the rules and have your wife break the rules if you only turn up for 10 minutes (like anyone believes that Johnson would only attend his OWN PARTY for just 10 mins)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/li ... SApp_Other
Dalem Lake liked this
It's not really much of a party. It's people who I presume were all there working getting called into the Cabinet Room for 10 minutes (assuming Johnson is telling the truth about this). It's against the rules, as a gathering not necessary for work, but I'd not make too much of it if I were Sir Keir.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]