:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 5 % :laughing: 40 % :cry: 15 % :🤗 10 %
By Andy McDandy
The problem here is whether it was deliberate or accidental. It may be an exceptionally cunning bait and switch strategy aimed at keeping critics off balance and confused, or it might be a bunch of monkeys throwing shit and every now and again hitting something.

Or both. Who knows? Who cares?
By Samanfur
Nadine Dorries to press ahead with plan to privatise Channel 4

The culture secretary, Nadine Dorries, is pushing ahead with plans to privatise Channel 4, with the government backing proposals to sell off the broadcaster after 40 years in public ownership.

The plans had met a fierce reaction from the media industry, with TV production companies and prominent broadcasters such as Sir David Attenborough opposing them.
Tubby Isaacs, Oboogie liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
In the culture wars Dorries is a self-propelled howitzer.
By Tubby Isaacs
Well, at least we should have a laugh when she announces this to Parliament. She was bad enough at the select committee, which not many people watch.

I assume a big conglomerate will buy this. For a start, will they be interested in the public service remit? Will they care about spreading jobs out of London to Bristol and Leeds? Maybe the sale will specify these are kept, just like the old ITV franchises used to require newsrooms in Nottingham etc. But old ITV franchises were very profitable. How profitable is Channel 4 going to be, with its commercial hands tied like this?

Leeds was the wrong choice for Channel 4 anyway- would have worked much better in Manchester-Salford, dovetailing with BBC. I wonder if that's what the new owner will think? Would have been better to give Leeds something else. Unfortunately the "something else" has been having HS2 East cancelled.
By Tubby Isaacs
Bit more here. Apparently public service broadcaster to stay with regards to news. Channel 4 News gets a good audience, I wouldn't think a new owner would fuck with it, but it's certainly a risk.

Is it me or is this a bit of a slow timetable? I might be wrong, but the timing suggests getting in money for Rishi's "war chest", with any shit hitting the fan after the election.

By Watchman
I agree she is competing with Vacant in the spiteful stakes, but I don’t think she’s doing just because she can. It’s their only card now “the war on woke”, and they’ve got to bet the house on it as it’s all they’ve got
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]