:sunglasses: 27.6 % :pray: 13.8 % :laughing: 34.5 % 🧥 1.7 % :cry: 13.8 % :🤗 6.9 % :poo: 1.7 %
By Andy McDandy
They have a very fine line to walk - simultaneously tell their base that a) they're big goddamn heroes and the best in the world, and b) that this won't cost them anything and there's no chance of a Ukrainian family moving in next door.
By Boiler
Andy McDandy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:14 pm They have a very fine line to walk - simultaneously tell their base that a) they're big goddamn heroes and the best in the world, and b) that this won't cost them anything and there's no chance of a Ukrainian family moving in next door.
I mean, Heaven forbid - they'll probably open a chain of successful delicatessens across the area.
By Youngian
Andy McDandy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:14 pm They have a very fine line to walk - simultaneously tell their base that a) they're big goddamn heroes and the best in the world, and b) that this won't cost them anything and there's no chance of a Ukrainian family moving in next door.
We know the playbook if Ukrainians come over in high numbers: Compassion fatigue, tabloid hate campaign and then Farage returns eating away at the nativist vote in marginals. And there’s no Corbyn or ‘coalition of chaos’ for the Tories to hold the centre right vote hostage.
By Boiler
50 years ago the UK welcomed 27,000 Ugandan Asians. Not without problems; families did get separated with sometimes the fathers ending up in France whilst the mothers and children ended up at West Malling in Kent.

Now the child of one of those refugees is trying to keep refugees out.

Fucking ladder puller.
By Andy McDandy
I get the sentiment, but we really need to knock the myth of Patel's family hot-footing it out of Entebbe with the clothes on their backs and all their worldly possessions stuffed into a suitcase on the head.

Many Ugandan Asians were forced out in such circumstances by Amin in 1971-2, but Patel's parents were not among them. They had been safely ensconced in Britain since the mid-60s, and owned a chain of newsagents across the home counties. Fun fact - the dodgy businessman who makes a generous donation to Francis Urquhart at the start of House of Cards (and who describes his loan sharking as "a little local finance") is alleged to be based on Patel senior.
mattomac, Nigredo liked this
By mattomac
Andy McDandy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:34 pm I get the sentiment, but we really need to knock the myth of Patel's family hot-footing it out of Entebbe with the clothes on their backs and all their worldly possessions stuffed into a suitcase on the head.

Many Ugandan Asians were forced out in such circumstances by Amin in 1971-2, but Patel's parents were not among them. They had been safely ensconced in Britain since the mid-60s, and owned a chain of newsagents across the home counties. Fun fact - the dodgy businessman who makes a generous donation to Francis Urquhart at the start of House of Cards (and who describes his loan sharking as "a little local finance") is alleged to be based on Patel senior.
Interesting, I know her mother holds the same views as the daughter.
By Bones McCoy
Richard Harrington appointed minister for refugees.

Former MP for Watford.
Property developer and hotelier.
Expelled from the party as part of the Clarkist expulsions. of September 2019.

Did a lot of infrastructure work around Watford.
Parliamentary under-secretary for Syrian Refugees under Home Sec' Theresa May.
Supported a second referendum, and expelled.

Footnote about his support for homeopathy.
mattomac liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]