:cry: 100 %
By Tubby Isaacs
I don't know if old Andy's laying it on thick here- railway viaducts aren't exactly unknown in cities.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... manchester
Government planning ‘to put HS2 on stilts through Manchester’
Andy Burnham demands underground station for new route rather than cheaper series of viaducts
But I think he's got a point about through platforms being important. It's enough of a nuisance the train having to back out of Gloucester Station on the way towards London, let alone what it must be like at Manchester Piccadilly.
By Boiler
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:16 pm I don't know if old Andy's laying it on thick here- railway viaducts aren't exactly unknown in cities.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... manchester
Government planning ‘to put HS2 on stilts through Manchester’
Andy Burnham demands underground station for new route rather than cheaper series of viaducts
But I think he's got a point about through platforms being important. It's enough of a nuisance the train having to back out of Gloucester Station on the way towards London, let alone what it must be like at Manchester Piccadilly.
It's been a while since I was in Manchester (last time was 2014) but there was a viaduct carrying the line from Piccadilly to Oxford Road, plus the Ordsall Chord that cut the demonstration line at MOSI in half where "Lion" ran past Liverpool Road station. I think there were a few disused viaducts too.

I think trains reverse at Halifax station too?
By Tubby Isaacs
There must be lots of stations where that happens. There was talk a while ago of a new through station in Gloucester being built on the mainline. Doesn't sound like it went anywhere. One reason might be that lots of people who use Gloucester Station now don't care too much about the reversing, If you had to get a shuttle to the new station and change, that would be a nuisance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glouceste ... ay_station
By Bones McCoy
The Scotland Ireland bridge.
mattomac wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:18 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59368707

Could have saved themselves some money here by reading some of the articles by experts at the time.
Another of Spaffer's vanity projects helps none but the consultants.

Stick it on the failure pile (if you can reach the top).
By Malcolm Armsteen
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:13 pm Cheltenham has its share of economic and educational deprivation, as it goes. It dumps most of its social tenants in a couple of areas (Hester's Way, St Paul's), and anyone who can avoids the two schools that the kids from there go to.
I knew someone would post that (well, I knew Tubbz would)

You understand my point, though?

And no, social disadvantage in Cheltenham is not equivalent to that in Tower Hamlets.
Oboogie liked this
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:13 pm Cheltenham has its share of economic and educational deprivation, as it goes. It dumps most of its social tenants in a couple of areas (Hester's Way, St Paul's), and anyone who can avoids the two schools that the kids from there go to.
I knew someone would post that (well, I knew Tubbz would)

You understand my point, though?

And no, social disadvantage in Cheltenham is not equivalent to that in Tower Hamlets.
The Conservatives on Bolton council pull this "fair distribution" shtick when they try to justify each ward in the town getting an equal share of funds. In purely numerical terms every ward is "equal". In reality though, the more affluent wards benefit more (who often vote Tory. Who'd think!) as their infrastructure (like roads) are in much better shape already.

What a conservative politician thinks is "fair" doesn't always match up with what a lot of people think is fair!!
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]