:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Youngian
Samanfur wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:09 pm This brains trust will have the answers to everything:
Fortunately smarty pants columnists like John Crace are paid to attend so we don’t have to.
Swore Nigel Biggar was some yesteryear comedy act but I was thinking of Ivor Biggun, a smutty end of pier Mike Harding on the folk circuit who later turned up as one of Esther’s helpers on That’s Life. By which time the sundays had listened to his albums and published ludicrous stories about Esther Rantzen’s sex filth shame.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Youngian wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:13 pmsmarty pants columnists like John Crace are paid to attend so we don’t have to.
I quite approve of John Crace, and I don't think he's a 'smarty pants'.
By Malcolm Armsteen
The implication, and it's serious, is that the rest were guilty and let off.

The implication that Hands doesn't understand that some people are innocent even though charged is a bit of a worry.

It's also libellous, by implication...
Spoonman liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:44 pm Libel isn't really a thing in day to day politics, with a few exceptions like when Andy Burnham threatened Jeremy Hunt with it for claiming he'd done a cover up. Hunt didn't repeat that.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/1 ... 58255.html
I know. Just an aside...
By Yug
David Davis has an extremely rare stopped-clock moment.

Local elections 2023: David Davis calls for delay to new voter photo ID rules to prevent 'hundreds of thousands' being blocked from casting ballots

Former cabinet minister David Davis says the new election rules that make it mandatory for voters to present photo ID before casting a ballot are an attempt to prevent a fraud that he argues "doesn't happen".

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/local-el ... s-12860103
Whatever the reasons behind him coming out with this, he's accidentally said something sensible for once.
Oboogie liked this
By Andy McDandy
I suspect he's clocking onto the fact that a lot of older white Tories don't have photo ID either, and that everyone is going to be checked at the polling station, rather than the "OK, OK, you're alright, yeah, you can go in, ooh, hold on, where you going, Gunga Din?" fantasy many may have had.
By Watchman
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ealed.html

Current lead item on Mail On-line; looks lake the laughable Taxpayers Alliance have been instructed to deflect from the financial affairs of the PM. As usual a typical pot stirring piece, interestingly does not give the political status of the authority, nor does it give any context e.g. what the role actually entails, demographic, socio-economic make-up of the area covered by said authority
By Andy McDandy
Watchman wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:57 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ealed.html
As usual a typical pot stirring piece, interestingly does not give the political status of the authority
Doesn't matter - for Mailites, the caahncil is inherently leftie.
By Abernathy
I had an experience today involving a need for an ambulance (not for me), which, when called for, we (Mrs A and I) were told that it would be 4 hours - FOUR HOURS before an ambulance could attend to the frail 84 year old widower we were helping, who we had seen taking a nasty tumble onto the pavement as we drove along the road. The old lad had cuts and bruises to his face, a twisted knee, and was quite shaken by the fall. We took the poor old sod to A&E ourselves. Thankfully, he was okay and is now recovering at home.

I’ve calmed down a bit now, but I was frankly enraged that the ambulance service despatcher was actually prepared to let a vulnerable 84 year old with head injuries wait 4 hours for medical attention. We were even asked whether there was anywhere he could sit to wait (there wasn’t).

I don’t blame the staff. They have been underpaid, over-stretched, under-staffed, and taken for granted for at least 13 years, and as a consequence the health service is on its bare bones.

But I do blame this bastard Tory government. Today’s experience triggered in me two things :

Rage. Absolute (albeit re-kindled) rage at the way that in 13 years of “government”, these Tories have managed to turn literally everything in the UK to shite, and all as a consequence of conscious ideological, political choices made by these bastards. They are cunts. Utter, utter cunts. I can’t be angry enough.

The second thing is the responsibility, the obligation, that Labour has to ensure that at the election, this appalling gang of crooks and shysters is evicted, and that we can at least *begin* to set about the massive task of setting things right. It really IS that vital. This is also the principal reason I reject the absurdity of Trot purity, and Corbynist “we won the argument” obfuscation.

18 months to the election? Can’t we fucking do it now ?
Oboogie, Watchman, Spoonman and 2 others liked this
By Crabcakes
Glad the chap was OK. We were in A&E a few weeks back for my wife (gallstones), and knew it would be a long wait, but there was one poor lady in there who had had to drive her husband in with a suspected stroke, and it had taken her 30 mins to get him up off the floor as he couldn’t stand. There were just no ambulances and she was told to get him there herself asap.

Chances are, he’s going to need far more rehab (assuming he survived) because of the lack of speed of treatment. This is Tory policy. Worse for anyone but the wealthy. Worse health, worse food, worse work, worse life, worse *everything*.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]