:sunglasses: 50 % :laughing: 43.8 % :cry: 6.3 %
By Bones McCoy
The main problem I see with this analysis.
This isn't a public election.

The candidates will be playing to the Parliamentary party - a very specific and limited electorate.
The public won't see them making a total balls of campaigning.
And when he party membership determine the new leader on the tiebreak, the client press will tell us all what a talented, accomplished statesman/woman they are.
How lucky we are to have such leaders.

Crabcakes wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:55 pm I think the wheels will come off for some of them when they face each other at whatever passes for hustings. Sunak is a paper-thin lightweight who gets arsey when questioned. Patel, Truss, Badenoch and Braverman are all, by varying degrees, fucking idiots. Javid and Zahawi (and also Sunak) are financially iffy. Chishti could fail to turn up and no one would notice. Tugendhat is too sensible.

My money is on Mordaunt or Hunt. Or possibly Shapps instead of Hunt. Purely on the basis they’re the best known and least likely to make a shatteringly stupid outburst, while simultaneously not having too many skeletons bursting out of closets.

Though obviously, I hope the Tory rank and file go for a proper loon. Assuming Boris doesn’t try and walk it back (and I’m not 100% sure he won’t…)
By Tubby Isaacs
Interesting here on what Tory members are like.

Swivel eyed loons on social values, but more moderate than the MPs on the economy. I suppose when you've got so many pensioners are members, they'll get that the NHS needs paying for. Will the debate pivot in that direction in the second phase? Or will the candidates continue to direct their pitches to the Wall Street Journal editorial page?

By Crabcakes
Bones McCoy wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:25 pm None of the ERG (Other "research" groups are available) mentalists have thrown their stahlhelm in the ring.

I infer they intend to remain outsider nuisances.
Collect their "research" stipends and attempt to influence the party from the back benches.
A recipe for continuing conflict within the party.

What a centenary the 1922 committee are enjoying.
If you never stand yourself, you never have to take responsibility. It wasn’t the idea that was bad, it was the execution. Another person could do it better if they tried again etc.
By Tubby Isaacs
Boris Johnson poised to go ahead with resignation honours list
Nadine Dorries, Paul Dacre and Allegra Stratton among those reportedly lined up for peerages
Please do this.

I think Stratton might actually top the other two for looking bad. Allegra is either "the woman who laughed at your Covid sacrifices" or "the woman Johnson paid off for taking the rap".
By satnav
It is quite interesting that Priti Patel is being urged not to run on the grounds that she hasn't got a cat in hells chance of winning. Without Patel in the running which candidate is going to pick up all the ERG votes? Braverman seems to be the ERG front runner at the moment but I can't really see her picking up more than 40 votes.
By Crabcakes
Yeah, because what we really need is a load of undertrained plod, nurses who don’t know one end of a hypodermic from another and no one doing arts degrees so there’s nothing creative to take your mind off of the horrors.

The only mildly amusing thing here is that Badenoch seems to have out-Patel’ed Patel. I just wonder how far she’ll go on the basis of are the full-on gammons *really* going to make a young black woman PM, regardless of how shitty her views are?
By RedSparrows
Absolutely shameless philistinism. Fuck off.

'I care about real things, like you, you dumb peasant. I like bacon and eggs and nothing noncey, like you, you dumb peasant. I have no interest in complexity, like you, you dumb peasant. Right??? I'LL BE GREAT RIGHT???'
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]