:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
Cyclist wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:13 pm Is Alan Bennett a Mailwatcher?

Alan Bennett’s yearly diary excerpt sees the playwright dedicating Rudyard Kipling’s poem A Dead Statesman, in which the narrator proclaims that “all my lies are proved untrue / And I must face the men I slew”, to Boris Johnson.

https://amp.theguardian.com/books/2021/ ... is-johnson
I'm sure I've seen someone here dedicate that same poem to our esteemed manbaby in Number 10.
"I could not dig: I dared not to rob:
Therefore I lied to please the mob"

Nothing sums him up better.
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:03 pm Some positive signs on Omicron. Spreads very fast but not as dangerous, case for case, as Delta.

Does the booster get his support back?
Most evidence form Sth Africa who have:
* Rolled out the vaccine between Delta and Omicron.
* Misdsummer yesterday.
By satnav
If he avoids imposing more restrictions before the new year he probably gets a reprieve from the headbangers in his own party who opposed any new restrictions in the recent votes. But generally speaking he hasn't had a good couple of weeks. His wait and see approach has caused a lot of damage to the hospitality industry, and it won't have won him mat friends amongst scientists and medics.
Client journalism back on side this morning, many of them leading with the purported lessened severity of Omicron.

The pork haystack wriggles free again it seems.
Last edited by Nigredo on Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oblomov wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:45 pm Client journalism back on side this morning, many of leading with the purported lessened severity of Omicron.

The pork haystack wriggles free again it seems.
Good. The longer he stays now, the bigger the liability and the less time prior to an election the Tories have to oust him and establish someone new. It’s very close now to the point where swapping leader will be detrimental because it will look like panic - and given he is such damaged goods, and so weak (meaning a manifesto full of horse shit to appease insane Tory pressure groups and backbenchers), he is the best possible option to face Kier Starmer.
Omicron is the worst scenario for the NHS in many ways - incredibly transmissible means lots of people sick, means lots of staff off sick and a much bigger chance of the service being overwhelmed. And to stop it, Johnson needs to bring back in the most visible, unpopular measures - social distancing, masks and reduced capacity. If he does nothing the economy suffers and he suffers later. If he does something he suffers now from his weakness. There’s no option this time where he gets away with it.
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:09 am Or do as he has done for years, and hope that the Tsar dies, or the horse learns to talk.
You forgot the part where he dies...
Andy McDandy, Samanfur liked this
All this guff about "protect the NHS" while encouraging people to go down the pub, have a few beers and a packet of crisps, with a side-order of a lungful of Covid, it's like they want the NHS to be overwhelmed. Then they can say to the people, the ones who are impressed/frightened by big numbers, "we give X billion pounds to the NHS and they can't cope. X billion pounds. All that money and they still couldn't do their jobs properly. If we sell off the NHS we'll make a huge pile of money for the treasury and, by not paying all that money out, you'll be able to have your income tax cut and just buy healthcare when you need it." The morons will be so struck by the thought of an extra tenner in their pay packet every week they'll go for it. Then, when they have experienced the new style of healthcare and taken to social media to whine about having to pay forty quid just to see a GP, it'll be too fucking late.

Think this is far-fetched?

The Tories hate the NHS.
The Tories know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
The current Tories are stupid, lying, venal scumbags with no morals and no regard for anything except lining their own pockets.

Why was Sunak talking to US healthcare company bosses the other week?
Malcolm Armsteen, Nigredo, Boiler and 2 others liked this
This is remarkable. Johnson was asked a straight-forward question : "Where have you been for the last 10 days?", and answered like a man desperately thinking about pleading the fifth (he was born in New York City, remember).

So Bodger was "in this country, of course". Of course. No, he bloody wasn't. You can bet your testicles that he was on yet another freebie exotic beano paid for by a corrupt Tory donor.

No doubt we will find out just where in the next few days. The man literally couldn't lie straight in bed.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/b ... id=winp-sf
By satnav
Didn't he release a picture on Christmas Day or Boxing Day that supposedly showed him talking to NHS workers from his country retreat at Chequers. The picture could easily have been taken four or five days early but it was deliberately published to give the impression that he spent Christmas at Chequers. Would an official photographer really have been working on Christmas Day or Boxing Day?
By Boiler
satnav wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:45 pm Didn't he release a picture on Christmas Day or Boxing Day that supposedly showed him talking to NHS workers from his country retreat at Chequers. The picture could easily have been taken four or five days early but it was deliberately published to give the impression that he spent Christmas at Chequers. Would an official photographer really have been working on Christmas Day or Boxing Day?
Why not? Might get double bubble!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]