:sunglasses: 40 % :laughing: 40 % :cry: 20 %
By Dalem Lake
Abernathy wrote:
Oboogie wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:04 pm You know what I'm not seeing in this story?
Where's the backlash against ITV for their role in a blatant attempt to rehabilitate Hancock (and by implication Johnson)?
If Hancock had been invited onto a BBC show (eg Strictly), Twitter would be a sea of froth demanding sackings and privatisation.
But it's good old ITV, so they get a free pass.

I also feel some sympathy for Hancock's campmates. I don't actually know who they are, but I can't imagine they're happy. They signed up to eat anus and crawl through insects, nobody warned them they were going to be asked to be civil to that cunt. There's grounds for appearance fee renegotiations.

I so agree. It is fucking disgraceful that some ITV executive actually signed off on paying a disgraced former minister 400 fucking grand to duck out of parliament and attempt to rehabilitate himself on a shit celeb “reality” show. Fucking disgraceful. Cunt should be in the fucking gaol.

Appaerently, Boy George isn’t happy. He can’t be the only one.
£400K for Hancock? That can't be right, surly? I've never watched the show myself but don't contestants usually just get the low five figures at best if they are particularly well known?
By Yug
Surely it's not the celebs' job to protect people by creating policy whereby old people get moved from hospitals to care homes without being tested for covid first.

Arguement both specious and wrong.
Oboogie liked this
By Abernathy
So, apparently, Hancock has said that he’s on the telly not for the 400 grand he’s trousering, but because he is “seeking forgiveness”. Unfortunately, he didn’t specify precisely what he wanted to be forgiven for. Was it for his conduct as Heath Secretary of a national pandemic emergency that directly resulted in thousands of avoidable deaths and frontline NHS staff being exposed because of inadequate and faulty PPE, and the corrupt awards of lucrative contracts to chums and Tory donors? Or was it for his public adultery? The deception and betrayal of his family? His flagrant act of gross hypocrisy in wantonly flouting the rules on Covid 19 that he himself was responsible for devising and implementing? Neglecting his duties as an elected representatve? Or perhaps he wants to be forgiven just for being a MASSIVE cunt ?

Well, we may never know. But shame on fellow “celebs” for cuddling the cunt and wanting to “draw a line under it”. I’m looking at you, Eileen from Coronation Street. And shame on the ITV producer who thought that giving this cunt hundreds of thousands to be on the TeeVee was a great idea. Shame, shame, shame. This whole farce is simply fucking disgusting, and I can’t begin to describe how furious it’s made me. These cunts are taking the absolute piss, more than ever.
Oboogie, Malcolm Armsteen, Dalem Lake and 1 others liked this
By Abernathy
David Knopfler on Facebook has articulated this better than I could:
I can’t feel good about the ritual humiliation of the hapless Matt Hancock on ITV. Apparently he was symbolically tarred and feathered last night for his £400k bid for simultaneous loot and absolution.
This is an unworthy, bottom feeding, program that diminishes everyone involved in creating it, participating or watching. There is no catharsis for the needlessly dead.
The real issue, that of the many failures of the Government during the Covid pandemic, were frankly largely hard-wired into our situation, long before Matt Hancock showed up. and predictably wasn’t fully up to it.
We approached the coming storm with our hospital beds at 95% capacity, while Germany’s were at 50%. We had 25% of their ICU capacity too. We had elected an incompetent, lazy, narcissistic, bumbling, bluffer to be our leader. He in turn failed to see what was coming and also promoted the smooth talking, inexperienced, overconfident Hancock to the job. The consequence was all almost too inevitable given our collective failure to take our politics more seriously.
That we now seem happier to participate in ritual scapegoating rather than a serious public inquiry and allow ourselves to be distracted by this fifth rate televisual bollocks rather than notice what our Westminster weasels are getting up to, suggests we still deserve the third rate government we’ve got. 30% turn outs for our MEP elections gave Farage his fascistic wrecking platform. The perfect storm has been building for a long time. And now we’re almost in the eye of it, it appears that we’d rather trivialise and scapegoat than take a clear, detached look at the mess we made. We need public inquiries with sharp teeth and we need responsive government.
Hancock should be quietly seeking his long rocky path to some semblance of redemption somewhere without cameras or our unthinking collusion. These tawdry sulphuric pacts by so called celebrities are not even palliatives… they are, in the name of “a harmless bit of fun” both depraved and corrupting … And for myself, I am having none of it.
Watchman, Dalem Lake, Samanfur and 4 others liked this
By Watchman
I’m calling bollox, there’s no way a risk assessor or their insurance underwriters would allow them to be that exposed

EXCLUSIVE: I'm A Celeb's Matt Hancock is stung by a SCORPION and treated by medics - after being voted for his FOURTH trial of the series

Nwww.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11422629/Im-Celebs-Matt-Hancock-bitten-SCORPION-treated-shows-medics.html
By Bones McCoy
Watchman wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:29 pm I’m calling bollox, there’s no way a risk assessor or their insurance underwriters would allow them to be that exposed

EXCLUSIVE: I'm A Celeb's Matt Hancock is stung by a SCORPION and treated by medics - after being voted for his FOURTH trial of the series

Nwww.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11422629/Im-Celebs-Matt-Hancock-bitten-SCORPION-treated-shows-medics.html
Like Littlejohn's good old east end gangsters, they only attack their own sort.
By Crabcakes
If he’s on record as saying he’s not there for the 400 grand, I think it’d be a nice gesture if he gave it away to something suitable like a long covid charity. Or even Dyslexia UK, if that really means so much to him.

It would also be nice if every interviewer and reporter he speaks to asks him if he’ll do this. Then we’ll really see how much redemption of his reputation means.
Watchman, Samanfur, Malcolm Armsteen and 1 others liked this
By Andy McDandy
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -celebrity

Marina Hyde nails the cowardice and hypocrisy of both Hancock and the Tory party.
Matt Hancock is driven by the urge to resist self-knowledge at all costs. Matt Hancock is a fugitive from self-reflection; a flight risk from the truth; a guy compelled to loudly self-narrate in order to drown out the real story.
Last year, when he learned the story of his affair was going to break, that youngest child was got out of bed and brought downstairs to be told the news along with the others, followed by the revelation that Hancock was leaving the family home.

In general, I think it best never to even mention the children of politicians – but in this case, it feels like the entire point. How can a parent who put them through the pain and indignities of “that” photo and its immense fallout – barely 18 months ago – now be actively choosing to make an arse of himself on an immensely high-profile ITV reality format night after night?
That's something that really bugs me - for all his "I fell in love" protestations, it takes a certain level of callousness - no, wrong word, psychosis - to just call time on your own family like that.

Onto the rest of the Tory party:
Sorry, but where were you lot before? Where were you lot every time it turned out one of Hancock’s mates had got a PPE contract? Where were you when he threw “a protective ring” around care homes, which was an odd way to talk about discharging untested residents from hospital back into them, resulting in a vast death toll? Where were you when he lied about this? Where were you when he lied about the fact there had been a PPE shortage? Where were you when Dominic Cummings was writing to Boris Johnson about Hancock’s hopelessness, saying “I think we are negligently killing the most vulnerable who we are supposed to be shielding and I am extremely worried about it”? Where were you for any of this? Where were you when it mattered?

The fact that these people have discovered what they imagine is a backbone only when Matt Hancock is washed up and doing reality TV tells you everything about their calibre and conviction. MPs who troop obediently through the government lobbies for any old shit currently imagine themselves to have the moral high ground because they’re voting on an app for Matt Hancock to face a bushtucker trial.
They sense weakness and pile on. Fuck 'em all.
Dalem Lake, mattomac liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
He's announced that he doesn't need the whip back because he's not standing (at least as a Tory) in the next election.

Cue a tsunami of bollockspeak...

Says he wants to “explore new ways to communicate with people of all ages and from all backgrounds”.

Campaign for dyslexics.

I suspect rebrand himself as some sort of 'personality'.

Pass the sick bag, Alice.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]