:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Tubby Isaacs
Samanfur wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:37 pm Whoever's running the Tories' Twitter account tonight didn't read the room. The comments're going about as well as you'd expect:
That's about the only card they have at the moment. As John Major found after the 1993 Budget, it works less well after you've just dropped your own tax bombshell on the public.
By satnav
I wonder whose bright idea it was to put Dominic Raab up to do the media rounds this morning. After fending of all the difficult questions about Zahawi by saying very little the BBC presenter then started quizzing him about his own problems with bullying staff. Another car crash for Raab who is still sticking to the claim that only three people have brought grievances against him.
Oboogie liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
satnav wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:42 pm I wonder whose bright idea it was to put Dominic Raab up to do the media rounds this morning. After fending of all the difficult questions about Zahawi by saying very little the BBC presenter then started quizzing him about his own problems with bullying staff. Another car crash for Raab who is still sticking to the claim that only three people have brought grievances against him.
What does Sunak see in him? I sort of get Braverman as a party management issue, but who cares about Raab?
By Malcolm Armsteen
He's got an enormous cock.

Oh, hang on, he IS an enormous cock.
By davidjay
In the last three days the Prime Minister has admitted breaking the law again, the former Chancellor has admitted avoiding taxes and an MP has said he wants to fight an opponent. If this were taking place in Central America, how long before a US peacekeeping mission would arrive?
Oboogie, Dalem Lake liked this
By Youngian
Samanfur wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:29 pm Thread. The chairman also used to be Sunak's manager at Goldman-Sachs:

The anger isn’t in the deeds anymore as we can expect no better from Johnson but the thought he’ll probably get away with it.

According to reliablish Twitter chatter, this leak is counter fire for Johnson leaking on Sunak and Zahawi. I so hope so.
Oboogie liked this
By Yug
A police and crime commissioner (PCC) has paid out £56,000 in compensation after an ethics group claimed it had been dismissed unfairly.

Leicestershire PCC Rupert Matthews replaced seven members of the ethics, integrity and complaints committee with a new ethics and transparency panel.

His predecessor criticised the group's disbandment, claiming it was because "he didn't like their criticism"...

...Conservative Mr Matthews said the committee agreed to settle the matter, adding he understood they "felt aggrieved" by the decision, but found it "very disappointing... they felt it appropriate to seek financial recompense from the public purse".

"The committee met four times a year at most and obviously I did not believe the voluntary committee had any employment status," he said.

"It is of course regrettable that this situation arose and while I would have preferred matters to have been settled without financial recourse, I saw no point in prolonging things any further.

"I would like to make it absolutely clear that my decision to wind-up the former committee had nothing to do with political allegiances, or challenge to my approach."

Former Labour PCC Lord Willy Bach criticised the dismissal as "outrageous".

"For the current commissioner to sack the committee simply because he didn't like their questions and criticism was shameful," he said.

"They have been treated appallingly. Their service deserved better."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-64383574
How dare they! Bloody ethics committee criticising me? A good Conservative? Bastards!
By Andy McDandy
"The committee met four times a year at most and obviously I did not believe the voluntary committee had any employment status," he said.

"It is of course regrettable that this situation arose and while I would have preferred matters to have been settled without financial recourse, I saw no point in prolonging things any further.
Presumably he has similar issues with MPs claiming impressive salaries for a few hours a month/year "consultancy work" or directorships.

And as for the second bit, this is more of the "but it's a vocation, how dare you think of money when what you're doing is so important (and underpaid)?"
By Watchman
Your Leicestershire correspondent writes; locally, this bloke Matthews is seen as quite the twat, and is clearly only in the job to act the twat, and of course made some easy money
By Watchman
Bit of a loose-loose one as far as I’m concerned

Andrew Bridgen to sue Matt Hancock for £100,000
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news ... source=app
By Samanfur
What we're up against - West Yorkshire Woman speeking her branes, with all of the confidence of Dunning-Kruger behind her:

Bad-tempered on both sides, but I don't think that Marina was likely to get through to her in any case - especially not with Widdecombe backing her.
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]