:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
By AOB
Gove's got votes in a leadership contest to win. It wouldn't do him good for various reasons to say he heard Boris say it. Besides, he's not saying it was never said, he's worded it carefully. He's pleading the Arsene Wenger "I never saw it" amendment. (Arsene became famous for uttering those words in post match interviews when question'ed about controversial moments that benefitted his side. Like Gove he was present at the moments in question and carefully did not commit to say it never happened).
The elephant man's rebuttal fails the Heisenberg+ test.
The words may have been spoken when he was not in the room.
He may also be lying, as he did continuously through the Brexit campaign.

This sort of thing will pass muster with the Tory Faithful and their vulnerable marks.
It's easily dismantled by any journo with more than half a wit.

+ A physicist M'Lud, and a forrin one at that.
Oblomov wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:08 am Apparently Carrie Antoinette demanded the expensive refurb because she considered the John Lewis lounge set purchased by Theresa May as tatty and cheap.

How the other half live eh?
Private lives of the Body Pilers

Coming to an arthouse screen near you, when restrictions allow.
By Youngian
Oblomov wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:08 am Apparently Carrie Antoinette demanded the expensive refurb because she considered the John Lewis lounge set purchased by Theresa May as tatty and cheap.

As the great Dolly Parton would note; ‘takes a lot of money to look this cheap, honey.’
Attachments
FE21A4D0-7AE8-44F7-AF23-BFDCFD82EAC5.jpeg
FE21A4D0-7AE8-44F7-AF23-BFDCFD82EAC5.jpeg (123.13 KiB) Viewed 2892 times
By Crabcakes
Bones McCoy wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:27 pm I do wonder whether we're witnessing a scripted transfer of power.
This is one thing I don't think it is. Johnson is an egomaniac, and if he'd scripted this he'd be leaving office for something framed as a noble, selfless reason so he can continue to live out his Churchill fantasy and (again) get one over on Cameron who ran away after the referendum failure. Leaving because he's finally hit the limit of bullshit he can get away with, and being forced out because his former partner in (literal) crime wants petty revenge, wouldn't be the way he'd set it up. It's what he deserves, but definitely not what he'd want.

The irony is, this is all happening because Boris Johnson is Boris Johnson - if he'd been able to keep it in his pants and not had a fling with Carrie, he'd not be in the mess he's in now and everything else would be much the same. Everything comes down to the way he acts personally, and the consequences of that.
Nigredo, Samanfur, Oboogie liked this

Don’t expect transparency from a government run by WhatsApp
Iain Overton

Leaks and lobbying scandals have been around for years – Tory contempt for accountability is making things worse
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... g-cronyism
By Boiler
Youngian wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:23 am

As the great Dolly Parton would note; ‘takes a lot of money to look this cheap, honey.’
I'm reminded of what Alan Clark said about Michael Heseltine here.
By Watchman
Crabcakes wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:44 am
Bones McCoy wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:27 pm I do wonder whether we're witnessing a scripted transfer of power.
This is one thing I don't think it is. Johnson is an egomaniac, and if he'd scripted this he'd be leaving office for something framed as a noble, selfless reason so he can continue to live out his Churchill fantasy and (again) get one over on Cameron who ran away after the referendum failure. Leaving because he's finally hit the limit of bullshit he can get away with, and being forced out because his former partner in (literal) crime wants petty revenge, wouldn't be the way he'd set it up. It's what he deserves, but definitely not what he'd want.

The irony is, this is all happening because Boris Johnson is Boris Johnson - if he'd been able to keep it in his pants and not had a fling with Carrie, he'd not be in the mess he's in now and everything else would be much the same. Everything comes down to the way he acts personally, and the consequences of that.
My view is that it is scripted, but with no input from dePiffle, he just went along with what he was told, so long as he got what he wanted, to be the "leader" and let a load of thicko's do the heavy lifting. However, as for all his life, he's incapable of sticking to the script as he believes he is above all others
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]