:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 16.7 % :laughing: 33.3 %
By Oboogie
kreuzberger wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:12 pm There can only be one takeout from this evening's shenanigans.

Gove. Murdoch. BBC as the wet nurse.
That makes no sense, Kuenssberg's questions led to Cummings exposing Vote Leave, which includes Gove, and drew attention to the secretive cabal behind it.
By kreuzberger
Cui Bono still applies, although I say that purely from seeing reports of the interview rather than the actual footage.

Vote Leave's law breaking has been examined to the point that nothing is new. The legality of the outcome of referendum has been proven to be moot, insofar as it was only ever advisory. It's all history now and the UK is where it is.

If the writing is now on the wall for Johnson (far from a foregone conclusion), that just leaves us with a leadership contest. It's also not a foregone conclusion that Gove would win that, but it still gives him more of a shot at the top job than if that contest doesn't happen.
By Tubby Isaacs
kreuzberger wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:16 am Cui Bono still applies, although I say that purely from seeing reports of the interview rather than the actual footage.

Vote Leave's law breaking has been examined to the point that nothing is new. The legality of the outcome of referendum has been proven to be moot, insofar as it was only ever advisory. It's all history now and the UK is where it is.

If the writing is now on the wall for Johnson (far from a foregone conclusion), that just leaves us with a leadership contest. It's also not a foregone conclusion that Gove would win that, but it still gives him more of a shot at the top job than if that contest doesn't happen.
Yeah, I think this makes sense.

It doesn't have to be consistent, especially when you're playing to different audiences at different times. I presume Cumming/ Gove is going for the public here, who then get in MP's ears and Johnson is told to go. Gove then runs for leader, where the arbiters are Tory members who won't care a jot that bad things came out about Vote Leave before.
By Watchman
So Gove to run? Seeing as Dom appears not to appreciate Mrs de Piffle, is that why the divine Vine was dumped, as Dom has an issue with the women behind the men. Because I'm sure she would have put up with anything in order to get the chance to change the wallpaper
By Oboogie
mattomac wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:30 pm Would Gove be able to carry whatever it is that they see in Johnson?
No. Nobody ever said, "Good old Govey, ee's a ledge inne!" he hasn't got 'amusing' (rebellious?) ruffled hair and, for the other end of the Tory spectrum, he's a Scottish, grammar school oik, whose Dad was a fishmonger, so deffo fails the PLU test.
davidjay liked this
By Crabcakes
As a friend of mine once said, Johnson is an absolute cunt but gets by on the fact many people think he’d probably be alright to go for a drink with. Whereas Gove is the bloke from work you actively avoid all day so you don’t have to ask him down the pub with everyone else out of politeness. And also a cunt.
Malcolm Armsteen, Oboogie, Nigredo and 2 others liked this
By Oboogie
The Corbynistas are tying themselves in knots on Facebook. They're pretending that the BBC clearing the primetime schedules so Cummings can tell the nation that Johnson is an incompetent liar is proof of the BBC's Tory bias and, specifically, further proof of Laura Kuenssberg "sucking up to Johnson".

From the comments under that Twitter thread.

"My bro had a reflex anti LK thing going on, picked up from FB groups, and when he accidentally flicked over to the Cummings interview after a few minutes he said 'She's good, who's she?' and I'm still laughing."
By Youngian
The Weeping Angel wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:57 pm Yep in many ways the FBPE lot are just as bonkers as the Corbynities.
Received an FBPE pile on for living in cloud cuckoo land. For daring to suggest Nissan would only leave Sunderland if WTO tariffs were imposed. I was merely repeating what the company had outlined and their reasoning was solid*. But what would pesky experts at Nissan know about Nissan?
I'm now told Nissan are staying because of an £80m battery 'bribe'. That's beer money compared to grants available for EU members. Battery production is now seen as a strategic by the EU to counteract Chinese dominance.

* Some public plans released by corporates are hyperbole to shake down the government for more sweeties.
By Tubby Isaacs
Deranged stuff here from Dom who gets very shirty when David Gauke asks what he actually achieved. Thank God we had the Warners though. The idea that defence wasn't interested in technology before Dom is a bit of a stretch- friend of mine, with PhD in physics found it very hard to find suitable jobs that weren't defence related. This was in the year 2000.

It's worth following down further where Dom asserts that he got lots of important changes through but we don't know about them because they were passed as secondary legislation. And something about the NI Sea Border being easy to sort out.

Gauke is Peter Mannion having to listen to Stewart Pearson.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]