:sunglasses: 26.1 % :laughing: 60.9 % :cry: 4.3 % :🤗 8.7 %
By Andy McDandy
Father of a school friend was a police officer. He used to say that all emergency workers end up a few pounds over the average, largely due to comfort eating. When working shifts, you tend to snack when you can, and it's a natural response to dealing with dangerous or traumatic events.
Youngian, Amazonian liked this
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... hance.html

Back to work, slackers! Except commuting's a pain thanks to the cyclists and all the stuff in the way of ME BIG MAN CAR.
By Youngian
I don't think Big Daddy ever reached 30mph
If he’s was only 12kg than he’d need to in order to knock over Giant Haystacks.
kreuzberger wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:59 pm Big Daddy, Ian's dug, and the relative merits (or otherwise) of kinetic energy. I think I might give Mumsnet a whirl for the next couple of weeks...
All gone a bit Pete and Dud
Attachments
E684E0B0-A8C3-40FB-846B-9A837A7DD4C1.jpeg
E684E0B0-A8C3-40FB-846B-9A837A7DD4C1.jpeg (21.5 KiB) Viewed 3186 times
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... s-yet.html

Moaning about pointless political speculation, Dickie spends his column pointlessly speculating about politics. The basis being a Mail readership poll (i.e. Mail readers prepared to complete the poll, phone a premium rate number etc) which he then uses to extrapolate just a bit.
By Youngian
He's not far off the mark but hardly a profound observation worth £500K. As LJ's judgement of politicians is so bad (a random projection of his prejudices) I hope this is a stopped clock moment for him.
Who can blame them when for the past 18 months, Rishi has given the impression that the Government will always provide.

The moment he ends furlough and attempts to recoup the borrowed billions through tax rises and tighter public spending, he can expect a barrage of abuse along the lines of 'typical heartless Tory cuts'. The BBC will lead every bulletin with heart-rending reports on the casualties of 'austerity'.

How will his popularity hold up then? We still don't know whether he's any good as a Chancellor. He's never delivered a proper Budget. His first was cancelled because of Covid.

Rishi's image is fashioned upon a carefully cultivated social media presence and his recent ability to hose down the country with free money.
By Andy McDandy
I love how he puts austerity in inverted commas (as if to cast doubt on the accuracy or necessity of the term), after talking about tax rises and reduced public spending. Which is precisely what austerity is.
By Youngian
satnav wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:48 pm I spotted this little gem about Rishi Sunak.
Whatever other qualities he might possess, he doesn't have Boris's quick-thinking turn of phrase.
Because that is what we want we really need from a prime minister the ability to think up a quick turn of phrase.
It'll help you get to be PM.
By Bones McCoy
satnav wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:48 pm I spotted this little gem about Rishi Sunak.
Whatever other qualities he might possess, he doesn't have Boris's quick-thinking turn of phrase.
Because that is what we want we really need from a prime minister the ability to think up a quick turn of phrase.
If... IF you run the sort of government that requires on-the-hoof bullshitting ...
By Watchman
Cannot really see Sunak having a supply of “picinnies” and “watermelon smiles”, if that’s what’s meant by quick turn of phrase
By Nigredo
Quick-thinking turns of phrase like interrupting Brenda to say Matt Hancock was "full of beans"?

Really?

Fuck off Dickie.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]