:sunglasses: 42.9 % :laughing: 57.1 %
By Andy McDandy
Wait until he hears about the RCP.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... tives.html

Meanwhile in a second piece, he is surprised that the popular image of the Englishman abroad is more Club 18-30 than a Partridge in Paris. This is apparently news to him.
By Rosvanian
For all his po faced seriousness, increasingly Hitchens is slipping into just another right wing hack, which of course he would furiously deny. He loathes the Conservative party for not being sufficiently conservative yet here leaps to their defence, and the argument that Linker should shut up because he knows nothing about politics is one that really grinds my gears. What does HE know about Lineker? On this basis, the VAST majority of the public should not be allowed a vote because most people know Sweet FA about politics.
Youngian liked this
By soulboy
Rosvanian wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:57 am For all his po faced seriousness, increasingly Hitchens is slipping into just another right wing hack, which of course he would furiously deny. He loathes the Conservative party for not being sufficiently conservative yet here leaps to their defence, and the argument that Linker should shut up because he knows nothing about politics is one that really grinds my gears. What does HE know about Lineker? On this basis, the VAST majority of the public should not be allowed a vote because most people know Sweet FA about politics.
The original tweet was posted last Tuesday. The Tory Rent-A-Quotes got on the case on Wednesday 8th March.

I suppose if you are going to tell people to get back in their lane and leave it to the grown ups who understand politics, International Women's Day is as good a day as any to do it.
By Yug
I think this is a good idea

...tell people to get back in their lane and leave it to the grown ups who understand politics...
What we need now is some grown-ups who understand politics on the government benches. Or, at the very least, some grown-ups on the government benches.
By Crabcakes
I don’t doubt that Hitch’s often barely disguised snobbery plays no small part. The idea of a mere sporting tv presenter, and worse still one who used to be a common footballer, having an opinion must make his teeth absolutely itch.

The fact Lineker is well spoken, well read and above all popular must make it even worse. And again, the irony is the position Lineker holds and his determination not to back down and to speak for those who have nothing against cruel and selfish policies makes him a far, far better christian than the pompously pious but ultimately empathy-free Peter will ever be.

I’m not a religious man, but the idea of Hitch turning up at the pearly gates and being asked to account for decades of arrogant, cruel behaviour does appeal.
Watchman, Spoonman liked this
By Crabcakes
Great podcast episode, with a particularly excellent total dismantling of Hitchens’ woeful argument, moral bankruptcy in how he invokes the Nazis, and condescending attitude to his readership. And he gets described as a ‘fucking moron’. What’s not to like?

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/o ... 0604331239
Oboogie liked this
By Crabcakes
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:37 am Had a listen and I hated it. £5.99 a month to hear Dunt cackle...
Being a tightwad, I usually pay £0 and tolerate the ads. But I take your point - personally I don’t mind Dunt but can completely see why he’d rub people up the wrong way.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/columnists/ ... tions.html

In which he takes aim at the BBC for daring to do a new version of a classic novel, and their version not being exactly the same as an almost 80 year old film.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]