:laughing: 100 %
By Abernathy
NevTheSweeper wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:23 pm Starmer has not only destroyed the Labour party, but he is also on track to destroying the country.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is there a special prize if he manages it in less than 14 years?
Oboogie, Arrowhead liked this
By davidjay
Abernathy wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:58 pm
NevTheSweeper wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:23 pm Starmer has not only destroyed the Labour party, but he is also on track to destroying the country.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is there a special prize if he manages it in less than 14 years?
I'm still waiting for my fifty quid.
By The Weeping Angel
NevTheSweeper wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:23 pm It's getting increasingly difficult for Labour's client journalists to defend this government. The latest scandal involves Starmer, his wife, and fellow cabinet ministers accepting freebies. Why? They rightly criticised the Conservatives in opposition for doing it, now they've been caught out in the media for doing exactly the same thing in power. Barely three months into government, there is a huge perception by both a majority of the public and political commentators, that those in charge of the Labour administration seem completely clueless about how to govern the country. Starmer has not only destroyed the Labour party, but he is also on track to destroying the country.
Whatever it is you're smoking I want some.
By Andy McDandy
1. Labour have been in office about 10 weeks.

2. Much of that was the summer "silly season", and the papers need filling.

3. We all know how the media works - even Nev. Space needs filling. "Good telly" mantra sees the promotion of loud opinions over cautious ones.

4. It's not unreasonable to suggest there has been coordination and amplification by very bad faith actors in several situations (e.g. Farage riots).
Oboogie liked this
By Crabcakes
I see the “someone’s gifted a private shopper that was declared, but declared late after advice was re-checked” and “I gave my mate a billion pound health contract on the quiet with no bid process and in exchange got a box of reject marigolds (left only) and a bottle of TCP” equivalence police are out in force.
Watchman, Oboogie, mattomac and 2 others liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
mattomac wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 5:47 pm Simon Case has been busy for once, Shame it’s not doing a job he is paid for.
Is this a reference to the Sue Gray salary story?
By Malcolm Armsteen
Because

Peter Oborne
@OborneTweets
·
2h
The BBC political editor (260K pa) thinks it's
a story that the Downing Street chief of staff (170K pa) earns more than the PM (167Kpa).
Welcome to political journalism!

PS Laura Kuenssberg is on 325K, Nick Robinson 340K and Fiona Bruce even more.
By Tubby Isaacs
Andy McDandy wrote:1. Labour have been in office about 10 weeks.

2. Much of that was the summer "silly season", and the papers need filling.

3. We all know how the media works - even Nev. Space needs filling. "Good telly" mantra sees the promotion of loud opinions over cautious ones.

4. It's not unreasonable to suggest there has been coordination and amplification by very bad faith actors in several situations (e.g. Farage riots).

Good point about the summer silly season. New governments don’t usually enter office at this time. Wonder if it was a minor reason Sunak called the election when he did.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:35 pm If you adjusted Nick Timothy’s salary from 2016 for inflation, it would be £187,000 (h/t Sam Freedman).
Ditto Dominic Cummings, I believe.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]