:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 6.3 % :laughing: 34.4 % :cry: 3.1 % :poo: 6.3 %
By Youngian
davidjay wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:38 am Wes Streeting writes in the Sun. The Jezzerati are incandescent, because appealing to people who didn't vote for you last time is disgraceful.
Ken Livingstone used to have a Sun column. But he's an outlier by possessing some political street smarts and wanting to govern.
By davidjay
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:58 am Fenton's twat in residence tries to sound like they're from Liverpool. Liverpool Street station more like.
I feel as strongly about Hillsborough as is possible without being a Liverpool supporter and/or a Scouser, but we can't afford to let one issue dominate the whole political landscape.
By Tubby Isaacs
davidjay wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:38 am Wes Streeting writes in the Sun. The Jezzerati are incandescent, because appealing to people who didn't vote for you last time is disgraceful.
30% of Sun readers voted for Jez in 2017. I never heard Jez fans suggest these votes didn't count. Perhaps one of them ought to have written a column in there telling these voters to fuck off.

By Tubby Isaacs
A few Jez fans seem to think this clip is clever. I'm sure Jenkins was less than nice to Benn too, but Benn's talking personalized bollocks. You could equally say that Benn had got where he was on the backs of the labour movement and was foisting unwanted policies on Labour. Brave to mention what Jenkins' father did, mind, given that Benn apparently got very unhappy when his son's politics was criticized. And as ever, anybody who's not hard left is "kicking the ladder away".

By Tubby Isaacs
Youngian wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:55 pm Anyone who disagrees with me must be at it, has always been a demagogue’s defence when challenged.
Hard to argue Jenkins wasn't principled, given that he resigned from the Shadow Cabinet twice over Europe. I'll take that over Benn and Jez Kipperism, and I think lots of younger Jez fans would,

I glanced at 1983's Labour Manifesto last night. It's got good stuff in it, for sure, but it's like it was written in 1981, still talking about "the slump" (economic growth in 1983 was 3.8%, and real wages were taking off and inflation below 5%). That was a pretty strong platform for an election campaign, with or without the Falklands.
By Youngian
I glanced at 1983's Labour Manifesto last night. It's got good stuff in it.

First grasped the peculiar counter-intuitive idea of Keynesian deficit spending from a cartoon in the bulky 1983 manifesto. It had very different ideas to Nigel Lawson on how to spend the North Sea bonus. I doubt now, even Farage would defend Lawson's subsidisided housing boom over Foot's infrastrucutre upgrades.
By The Weeping Angel
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:11 pm
Youngian wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:55 pm Anyone who disagrees with me must be at it, has always been a demagogue’s defence when challenged.
Hard to argue Jenkins wasn't principled, given that he resigned from the Shadow Cabinet twice over Europe. I'll take that over Benn and Jez Kipperism, and I think lots of younger Jez fans would,

I glanced at 1983's Labour Manifesto last night. It's got good stuff in it, for sure, but it's like it was written in 1981, still talking about "the slump" (economic growth in 1983 was 3.8%, and real wages were taking off and inflation below 5%). That was a pretty strong platform for an election campaign, with or without the Falklands.
Didn't that manifesto promise a national minimum wage?.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]