:sunglasses: 57.1 % :pray: 4.8 % :laughing: 28.6 % :poo: 9.5 %
By Abernathy
And guess what? It doesn't even matter. Labour has a humungous majority, Corbyn is out of the Labour Party for good, and he is more irrelevant than ever.

Hopefully the good folk of Islington North will continue to enjoy the same great service from Jeremy that they've allegedly had for 40 years.
Oboogie liked this
By Killer Whale
There's going to be several constituencies where nudging the local authority about the state of the bins, or the local NHS trust about waiting lists for particular diagnoses will have to wait in the back of a long queue behind demands for a ceasefire neither side really wants in a dirty war on another continent.
By Abernathy
Of course, the old “share of the vote” card is predictably being played. Corbyn notched up a greater share of the vote in 2017 and 2019 than Starmer has in 2024.

Which is of course :

a) fucking irrelevant

b) unsurprising given the significantly higher turnout in both 2017 and 2019.

c) Unrelated to the only stat that actually matters - number of constituencies won and gained. In particular those constituencies that Labour had to win to form a government, and targeted accordingly, as you have to do to win. The Corbynite twats, of course, comprehend none of this.
By Andy McDandy
Game of Thrones analogy. Robb Stark won lots of battles but lost the war. Loads of dead Lannisters, but so what? Tywin Lannister won the important battles and outflanked him politically.
By Abernathy
Been having a bit of a little Facebook spat with the Trots. One of them posted this badly cobbled together meme , saying "So worth it".

So I responded :
"Corbyn is now completely out of the Labour Party for good, and more irrelevant than ever. Meanwhile, the party he nearly led into extinction is in government with a large majority and forging ahead. Maybe Jeremy's made some nice jam."
It was like kicking the hornets' nest. I've had the meaningless "share of the vote" alleged zinger, the continuing beatification of St Jez, some outright "Red Tory Scum " abuse, and bafflingly, "Corbyn lives rent-free in your head".

I've seen this last one many times, and I still don't know what the fuck it means or who started it. I gather it's supposed to be some kind of insult, but how and in what way ? Why is Corbyn living in my head? Doesn't he have a house? Should I be charging him rent?

Answers on a virtual postcard.

Basically, the Trots are still out there, and they're as idiotic as ever.
Attachments
Corbyn twat.jpg
Corbyn twat.jpg (41.69 KiB) Viewed 120 times
Oboogie liked this
By Andy McDandy
It's another "I know you are, but what am I?" jibe, same as "U OK hun?" and so on. The idea that when you call out someone else's bullshit, it's actually evidence that YOU'RE the one with the problems. The joys of Internet 'debate', I guess.

I've often cited Sartre's observation that it's pointless debating with a fascist, as they are just humouring you until they get bored and walk off or smack you in the face. To which I'd add, cultists of any description are all as bad, although sometimes I wish the Internet had a slap the Trot in the face functionality.
By Andy McDandy
Killer Whale wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:33 pm It means you're obsessed with him.

Like they're not.
Much more succinct, KW.

Think of it like this. You step into a room that's completely covered in shit. On the walls, the floor, it's dripping from the ceiling, the air stinks, and in the middle of it all is a shit smeared guy, furiously rolling around in his own foulage, loving it as he daubs loops and patterns on his body, marking himself as the God of excrement.

You cover your face, and as you turn away, you tell him that he's disgusting and the room is bedecked in human dung. He then shouts back that you never shut up about shit, what are you, some kind of pervert?
By Malcolm Armsteen
Bastard. I've just lost The Game because of this conversation. It had been over a year...
By Andy McDandy
Once had that joy. Asked them how they felt about Galtieri and his human rights abuses, they came back with "serves them right for being colonists". Asked how that squared with the history of the islands (no indigenous population, no prior Spanish settlement) and they ummed and aahed and fell back on bald men and combs.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]