:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 6.3 % :laughing: 34.4 % :cry: 3.1 % :poo: 6.3 %
By Crabcakes
Admittedly the Tories were so piss poor someone on stage shitting into a colander would have been an improvement, but even so the Labour conference has been very impressive so far in terms of speeches, speakers and policy.

I just hope Starmer has a banger lined up, or he’s at risk of seeming a damp squib just by not knocking it out of the park.
Oboogie, mattomac liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
"My people have said it all. Look at the strength of my team..."
davidjay liked this
By Abernathy
The endorsement from the former governor of the Bank of England was something of a coup, to put it mildly.

All over the evening bulletins. Sunak must be spitting feathers.
By Youngian
Tories could wheel out that doddery old fool Mervyn King. He was talking to Marr a few months back about how he supports a Brexit that goes to a different school. And a Sir Desmond Glazebrook analysis on Liz Truss.
A former governor of the Bank of England has described the UK's handling of Brexit as a "shambles".
King, who previously advocated for a no deal arrangement with the European Union, added: "If you rule out ‘no deal’ you haven’t got any negotiating position at all."

King was also asked about former Prime Minister Liz Truss's brief period in power.
"I do think we got a bit hysterical," he said. "I can understand to some extent why and that the government appeared to be hell bent on cutting taxes without any proper analysis or framework, jettisoning the way government was being organised.
"I understand that, but I don't think the economic consequences were that bad. And frankly, they've gone away, they've disappeared now. https://www.euronews.com/2023/06/14/for ... a-shambles
By Malcolm Armsteen
"I don't really see a problem. A chap has to stand by other chaps, what?"
Youngian, Watchman liked this
By Abernathy
Read it, and for fuck's sake cheer up.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... hel-reeves

To all the doubters who still think Labour too tame: read its policies – and finally believe
Polly Toynbee
mattomac, Oboogie liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Lots of policies that ought to work, and the workers rights stuff is properly good if it survives, but where's the money to get day to day spending where it needs to be?

If "stealth" taxes are due, then fine, and there are good reasons not to announce them in advance. But if not, you won't get the extra money you need through growth. What gives?
By Crabcakes
Abernathy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:08 pm Speaking of wankers, one has just stormed the Labour Party conference stage and doused Keir with a glass of water. TWAT.
Actual protest itself aside, someone should be getting absolutely ripped a new one for that security lapse. It was a harmless stunt for attention. But given the vitriol the Tories have been whipping up, it could have been someone with much more sinister intent.
Oboogie liked this
By Abernathy
Crabcakes wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:15 pm
Abernathy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:08 pm Speaking of wankers, one has just stormed the Labour Party conference stage and doused Keir with a glass of water. TWAT.
Actual protest itself aside, someone should be getting absolutely ripped a new one for that security lapse. It was a harmless stunt for attention. But given the vitriol the Tories have been whipping up, it could have been someone with much more sinister intent.
Agreed. Surely lessons were learned from Theresa May’s P45/Strepsils fiasco?
By Samanfur
The afternoon in the hall reopened with the chair telling the floor that Keir gave a speech with "real sparkle".

Security're being a lot more thorough with searches now. There's no way that bloke should've been able to get into the position he got into, let alone for that long.
Boiler, Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]