:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 6.3 % :laughing: 34.4 % :cry: 3.1 % :poo: 6.3 %
By Malcolm Armsteen
When Tory Wandsworth threatened to do this the Labour Party was in uproar...

As they should be now*

*Based on the principle that collective punishment is not acceptable or legal.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Too many faults, legal and moral.

Our MP was a Wandsworth councillor then, but he's a Tory shitbag.
By Tubby Isaacs
You can move (evict?) families for being anti-social over a period of time, which is a sort of collective punishment seeing it's likely that not all of them are involved. But it's clearly ridiculous to do that over a one off crime- like looting in a riot is worse than murder or whatever. But "not knowing where your kids are" is a step of ridiculousness beyond that.
By Tubby Isaacs
Oboogie wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:19 pm For most of my teenage years I was careful to ensure that my parents didn't know where I was, what I was up to or who I was with. If I'd been stabbing people, I'd have been doubly sure they didn't know about it.
Yep.

I hate the word "grassing", and it would be great if there were more of it with violent crimes, But there are kind of understandable reasons why people are reluctant to do it.
By davidjay
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:28 pm
Oboogie wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:19 pm For most of my teenage years I was careful to ensure that my parents didn't know where I was, what I was up to or who I was with. If I'd been stabbing people, I'd have been doubly sure they didn't know about it.
Yep.

I hate the word "grassing", and it would be great if there were more of it with violent crimes, But there are kind of understandable reasons why people are reluctant to do it.
Not least the glamourisation of crime and the belief amongst some 'lads' who think the Rise of the Footsoldier series is a lifestyle guide.
By Yug
Keir Starmer has been accused of presiding over a Labour party obsessed with “petty tyranny”, as the head of the centre-left pressure group Compass revealed he had been expelled as a member after 44 years.

In a move that will reignite concerns of overzealous factionalism on the part of the Labour leader’s allies, Neal Lawson said they were determined to maintain a “domineering power” that had even left some MPs “cowed by the fear that they will be next”....

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ty-tyranny
Lawson, an ardent supporter of overhauling the voting system to introduce proportional representation, said he was driven out by “bullies” who had abandoned a longstanding acceptance of pluralism.
my emphasis

It wasn't the Right of the Party who were insisting that if you don't support the Anointed One 100% you can fuck off and join the Tories.

Last week, he said he received a “cold and clinical” email that “broke my political heart” informing him he was being expelled for a tweet sent in 2021.

Neal said he had shared a Liberal Democrat MP’s call for some voters to back Green candidates in the local elections, accompanied by his own suggestion that doing so represented “grownup, progressive politics”.
Oh.

There aren't many political parties who are happy to have their members urge the public to vote for someone else.
By Malcolm Armsteen
No. And some, like the Labour Party, have expulsion for same specifically written into their rules...
By Tubby Isaacs
Youngian wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:40 am Party is putting stick about to avoid headlines like ‘Labour in cahoots with tree huggers who’ll take your car away and give it to illegal immigrants.’
That doesn't really explain Neal Lawson, who's a not particularly well-known bloke who bangs on about PR.
By Abernathy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:20 pm
Youngian wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:40 am Party is putting stick about to avoid headlines like ‘Labour in cahoots with tree huggers who’ll take your car away and give it to illegal immigrants.’
That doesn't really explain Neal Lawson, who's a not particularly well-known bloke who bangs on about PR.
Neal is very well known in Labour Party circles and is a decent bloke. But he is well aware of what the party’s rules say about expressing support for candidates standing against official Labour candidates.
Oboogie liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
It's one thing to advocate votong for a non-Labour candidate to keep out a Tory by electing a Lib Dem, it's quite another to advocate voting against a Labour candidate to prevent their election.
Oboogie liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
It was two years ago, and as far as I know nobody noticed till last week. This just makes them look petty, like they're going back checking old tweets to take out internal opponents. (I don't think that happened, I think they got a complaint and sent out a letter). But this is what it looks like to lots of people, and Lawson's fully aware of that, hence his decision to go to the media and the sympathetic response he got.

I actually approve of lots of the Starmer hardballing stuff, and see it as necessary. See eg the strong reaction to the Stop the War MPs. But this isn't in that league at all. It's something to be dealt with informally. Doesn't somebody in there think "how will this look if...?" Well, the "if" happened, and it looks terrible.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]