:sunglasses: 57.1 % :pray: 4.8 % :laughing: 28.6 % :poo: 9.5 %
By Crabcakes
“But there’s no evidence he did anything”
“Oh, it’s probably because he said it must remain confidential”

You know - because everyone else involved was a big secret, but somehow Corbyn and Corbyn alone can’t tell anyone what he’s done so it’s up to relations of assistants to suggest things instead. Good old solid, third-hand accounts.

The most pathetic part is, Corbyn never clears this up. He seems to either genuinely think he contributed, or he’s happy to have people suggest he’s responsible for someone else’s hard work and skill.

Oboogie, Spoonman liked this
By Abernathy
Christ on a bike, is this ludicrous canard still being touted by the Trots?

As the weeping one says, Corbyn had fuck all to do with securing the Good Friday agreement. FUCK. ALL.

This should be shrugoffable by now, but it annoys me intensely because it is a slur on the reputation of Mo Mowlam, a woman of surpassing integrity, principle, and talent whose bootlaces Corbyn will never be fit even to lace.
Last edited by Abernathy on Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattomac, Spoonman, Oboogie and 1 others liked this
By Crabcakes
The Weeping Angel wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:47 pm Corbyn is no more responsible for the Good Friday Agreement than I am.
I disagree. You, me, and indeed most people can actually lay claim to have done more for the process because we did nothing and didn’t get in the way, whereas with his clumsy ‘support’ and interfering by many accounts Corbyn actively made peace less likely.
Abernathy, Oboogie liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
In fact, by favouring Addams he endangered the whole process in a display of mind-numbing narcissism and egocentricity.

I am a devoted Mo fan (Durham history dept and all that) and I would have loved to see her rip him to shreds over this. It is, like the tragically early loss of John Smith, a cross that the Labour Party has to bear of seeing its most illustrious leaders* die young whilst the absolute cunts live forever.

Gone
John Smith 56
Mo Mowlam 55
Robin Cook 59

Still causing trouble
Jeremy Corbyn 72
Dennis Skinner 90
John McDonnel 70
Abernathy, Oboogie liked this
By MisterMuncher
Crabcakes wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:26 pm
The Weeping Angel wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:47 pm Corbyn is no more responsible for the Good Friday Agreement than I am.
I disagree. You, me, and indeed most people can actually lay claim to have done more for the process because we did nothing and didn’t get in the way, whereas with his clumsy ‘support’ and interfering by many accounts Corbyn actively made peace less likely.
I voted for it, and as such can claim even more responsibility
By Boiler
From the Guardian live feed:

Corbyn says ultimately he would like to see military alliances like Nato disbanded

Talking of Jeremy Corbyn, the former Labour leader has given an interview to John Pienaar for Times Radio in which he has effectively called for Nato to be disbanded. Asked if he favoured disbanding Nato, or the UK withdrawing from it, Corbyn replied:

I would want to see a world where we start to ultimately disband all military alliances. The issue has to be what’s the best way of bringing about peace in the future? Is it by more alliances? Is it by more military build up?

Or is it by stopping the war in Ukraine and the other wars ...

And ask yourself the question, do military alliances bring peace? Or do they actually encourage each other and build up to a greater danger? I don’t blame Nato for the fact that Russia has invaded Ukraine. What I say is look at the thing historically, and look at the process that could happen at the end of the Ukraine war.

Pressed again on whether he favoured disbanding Nato now, Corbyn said: “Look, it’s not going to be disbanded now.” But he repeated his point about military alliances, saying they “tend to build up a mirror image of each other”.

Corbyn has had the Labour whip withdrawn, and originally he was told that he would not have it restored, enabling him to stand as a Labour candidate at the next election, until he apologised for suggesting, when the Equality and Human Rights Commission published its report on antisemitism in the Labour party, that the problem had been exaggerated.

But in a recent interview with the Guardian Keir Starmer hinted Corbyn’s views on Nato could also prevent him from being readmitted to the parliamentary party. “There is no place in the Labour party for this false equivalence between Russian aggression and Nato,” Starmer said.

As Patrick Maguire from the Times reports, in his interview Corbyn also sidestepped a question about whether he admired the Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy.
By Nigredo
Arrowhead wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:19 pm So, he couldn’t muster even some lukewarm praise for Zelensky, bar some nonsense along the lines of “I admire how he speaks”.

FFS
From the online Trot circles I've skim read, Zelensky deserves little praise because he is apparently a western puppet who cozied up to the far-right to prop up his corrupt regime. All of which was overlooked by "mainstream Liberal media" who are now trying to portray him as some kind of war hero.

No, they don't have an answer to Russian atrocities apart from a shrug of the shoulders and "yebbut Palestine".
Arrowhead, Oboogie liked this
By Cyclist
Jeremy Corbyn has demanded Sir Keir Starmer reinstate him to the Parliamentary Labour Party – refusing to rule out standing as an independent at the next General Election if he refuses to do so.

In an interview with the Standard, the former Labour leader said he hoped to stand at the next General Election as a Labour candidate and stressed that at the age of 72 he has no plans to retire.

“What I hope is that the Parliamentary Labour Party will recognise that they are in an untenable position,” he told The Standard on Wednesday as he urged Sir Keir to restore the Labour whip to him shortly after the May 5 local elections.

But the Labour leader has said there is no way back for his predecessor unless he apologises over comments he made in response to a report on anti-Semitism in the party in October 2020.

Mr Corbyn has repeatedly refused to apologise and his handling of the anti-Semitism row was partly blamed by many Labour MPs for the party plunging to a historic election defeat in 2019...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 0.html?amp

Mr Perfect *still* thinks his anti-Semitism is not a problem

“I think it’s wrong, it’s unfair, and I should be reinstated. And indeed, an awful lot of people in Islington think exactly the same,” he said.

So, St Jeremy would have Labour sacrifice the country to retain Islington North, cos letting that twat back into the Party would be a massive turn-off for a lot of voters who are happy that the current Party is distancing itself from the loony left, and would take his reinstatement as a sign that Labour isn't moving away after all.

Edit:

Thinking about it, if he does stand as an independent he won't be able to use the constituency office, the constituency party or constituency funds, so will have to organise and fund it himself. And we know how fond he is of hard work. Plus, if he stands as an independent against an official Labour candidate Labour won't need an excuse to get rid of him, win or lose he'll have gifted them a legitimate reason for booting him out of the Party. And there's no guarantee he would win - his self-belief comes from listening to his own echo chamber and does not necessarily agree with what the majority of constituents think.
Last edited by Cyclist on Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Cyclist wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:29 am
So, St Jeremy would have Labour sacrifice the country to massage his ego.
FTFY
Nigredo liked this
By Cyclist
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:38 am
Cyclist wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:29 am
So, St Jeremy would have Labour sacrifice the country to massage his ego.
FTFY
^^^
This.

While you were correcting my homework I added a paragraph which may or may not be utter bollocks, but is what I'm thinking.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Yes - and he'll also lose access to all voter data and the Labour Party software for canvassing, creating campaign materials and so on.

I doubt he'd do the graft, but there are many fluffers who would. Badly...
Cyclist, Nigredo, Oboogie liked this
By Youngian
Boiler wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:19 pm From the Guardian live feed:

Corbyn says ultimately he would like to see military alliances like Nato disbanded

Talking of Jeremy Corbyn, the former Labour leader has given an interview to John Pienaar for Times Radio in which he has effectively called for Nato to be disbanded. Asked if he favoured disbanding Nato, or the UK withdrawing from it, Corbyn replied:

I would want to see a world where we start to ultimately disband all military alliances. The issue has to be what’s the best way of bringing about peace in the future? Is it by more alliances? Is it by more military build up?

Or is it by stopping the war in Ukraine and the other wars ...

And ask yourself the question, do military alliances bring peace? Or do they actually encourage each other and build up to a greater danger? I don’t blame Nato for the fact that Russia has invaded Ukraine. What I say is look at the thing historically, and look at the process that could happen at the end of the Ukraine war.

Pressed again on whether he favoured disbanding Nato now, Corbyn said: “Look, it’s not going to be disbanded now.” But he repeated his point about military alliances, saying they “tend to build up a mirror image of each other”.

Corbyn has had the Labour whip withdrawn, and originally he was told that he would not have it restored, enabling him to stand as a Labour candidate at the next election, until he apologised for suggesting, when the Equality and Human Rights Commission published its report on antisemitism in the Labour party, that the problem had been exaggerated.

But in a recent interview with the Guardian Keir Starmer hinted Corbyn’s views on Nato could also prevent him from being readmitted to the parliamentary party. “There is no place in the Labour party for this false equivalence between Russian aggression and Nato,” Starmer said.

As Patrick Maguire from the Times reports, in his interview Corbyn also sidestepped a question about whether he admired the Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy.
In a perfect world there would be no need for military alliances, appears to be Jez’s profound pitch. In a perfect world its sunny everyday and free ice cream’s provided. ‘Jeremy understands nuance in geopolitics,’ was among the many amusing defenses of Jezza’s wise words.
By Malcolm Armsteen
He lives on the Big Rock Candy Mountain...

(My dad never read me stories, he sang me songs, this was one of them...)
Youngian liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]