:laughing: 100 %
By Malcolm Armsteen
You missed out:
Women joining the workforce;
Increased car ownership;
Concentration of employment outside of urban centres.

All these played a part, in a theme of increased consumerism, mass markets, mass advertising.
Youngian liked this
By Youngian
Retail has always been in a state of flux, reviving the high street has become a motherhood and apple pie issue that all politicians claim to want to tackle but very short on practical ideas. Empty high streets are a distressing symbol of urban decline as well heeled areas have adapted. Retailers may well figure it out but it’ll depend on more disposable income in people’s pockets.
By Andy McDandy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:25 pm Their lawyers are always 'investigating'. But I never read of any actual cases...
Back in the Desmond era, the Express would slap "our lawyers are watching!" banners on any exclusive or scoop they landed. Not considering that as soon as a story is published, it's in the public domain and anyone can lift and recycle it.
By Watchman
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:34 pm Won't this stuff help online businesses too, while removing large amounts of the tax that they want to spend on Defence?

Easy to moan about barbers, coffee shops and nail bars, but at least they're things you have to go into shops to use them. I think a hugely underrated factor in the state of town centres has been cuts to councils, who've had their capacity to respond to changes made much harder. I'm guessing Reform want to give less to councils.

I’d like to be around when Ben tells Amazon to change their business model
By Killer Whale
Oh...

https://news.stv.tv/politics/reform-uk- ... to-be-shot
A Reform UK candidate standing in Scotland called for Nicola Sturgeon to be shot, according to reports.

Robert Smith is said to have targeted several high-profile women on social media between 2016 and last year.

The Times reported that in one outburst responding to a post in 2020 from Harry Potter author JK Rowling drinking tea, he replied calling her a “wild b****”.

In another post, he called Christine Lagarde, the president of the European Central Bank, “head b**** of the globalists”.

The newspaper said it found posts from Smith using slurs against LGBT people, likening the rainbow symbol used on NHS posters during Covid to “the new swastika”.
By Andy McDandy
"S'awright, ee's a geezer, innee? Bit waay, bit whurr, bit, y'know, 'back off, right? Tawk to 'im 'baht wot really went daahn in Rett'n'dun that night. Y'know those shit Essex gangster films? 'E was an extra in one..."
By Malcolm Armsteen
Oh the irony. The fucking irony...
The BBC wrote:Nigel Farage has refused to appear on Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg, describing the BBC as having “behaved like a political actor throughout this election”. In a social media post on X on Saturday, Farage said he would be “refusing until the BBC apologises for their dishonest QT audience” and that “Reform will be campaigning vigorously to abolish the licence fee”.
The Guardian" wrote:Reform UK said it had reported Channel 4 to the Electoral Commission, after the broadcaster released footage of an activist campaigning for Nigel Farage using a racial slur to describe prime minister Rishi Sunak. In a letter to the Electoral Commission, the party’s secretary Adam Richardson wrote: “The Channel 4 broadcast has clearly been made to harm Reform UK during an election period and this cannot be described as anything short of election interference.”
Cunts are grizzling...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]