:laughing: 100 %
By Abernathy
https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/ques ... ey-3138558

Reform candidate quits party over racism row and backs Tories
A Reform UK candidate has ditched the party four days before the general election amid the racism row currently engulfing Nigel Farage’s party.

Liam Booth-Isherwood, Reform’s candidate for Erewash, said he has become “increasingly disillusioned with the behaviour and conduct of Reform” and would instead throw his support behind Conservative candidate Maggie Throup to win the seat.

He said there was “a significant moral issue within certain elements of the party” and accused Mr Farage and Reform’s leadership of not taking the matter seriously and addressing the issue.

It comes after a Channel 4 News undercover investigation showed a canvasser using a racial slur about Rishi Sunak and suggesting migrants arriving in the UK on small boats should be used as “target practice”.
Seems at least one cunt has a molecule of moral scruple.
By Tubby Isaacs
I'd forgotten about the Brexit-Covid professor guy. But he's back, with his take on Reform and Channel 4.

Following a hilarious thread where he asserts several possibilities (and makes the most likely- the bloke said the things he did because he believed them- sound the most outlandish). he comes back with this strange attack on Channel 4 for failing "due diligence".

I mean, "set up", by whom? They ought to have disregarded what he said because he sometimes did a bit of extras work? "Secret filming" btw most likely refers to those sequences in documentaries where people are filmed doing something furtively, like they're caught on camera. Doesn't necessarily mean he was expecting a big part in a fake political scandal. And anyway, he probably just ticked every box because he wanted work, like me ticking every office skill when I was on a temp agency's books.

By Bones McCoy
Abernathy wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:01 pm https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/ques ... ey-3138558

Reform candidate quits party over racism row and backs Tories
A Reform UK candidate has ditched the party four days before the general election amid the racism row currently engulfing Nigel Farage’s party.

Liam Booth-Isherwood, Reform’s candidate for Erewash, said he has become “increasingly disillusioned with the behaviour and conduct of Reform” and would instead throw his support behind Conservative candidate Maggie Throup to win the seat.

He said there was “a significant moral issue within certain elements of the party” and accused Mr Farage and Reform’s leadership of not taking the matter seriously and addressing the issue.

It comes after a Channel 4 News undercover investigation showed a canvasser using a racial slur about Rishi Sunak and suggesting migrants arriving in the UK on small boats should be used as “target practice”.
Seems at least one cunt has a molecule of moral scruple.
Sounds like we got us another one of them Ak-tooors..
By RedSparrows
satnav wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:44 pm They keep going after George Parker because he's an easy target but they conveniently ignore the fact that other people filmed in Clacton making offensive comments are part of Nigel Farage's inner circle.
I was about to say.

'That rotten apple is a planted actor elite stooge!'
'And what of the other moronic comments from other morons?'
'LOOK IT'S ALL STAGED'
By Tubby Isaacs
Won't this stuff help online businesses too, while removing large amounts of the tax that they want to spend on Defence?

Easy to moan about barbers, coffee shops and nail bars, but at least they're things you have to go into shops to use them. I think a hugely underrated factor in the state of town centres has been cuts to councils, who've had their capacity to respond to changes made much harder. I'm guessing Reform want to give less to councils.

By satnav
Isn't Ben Habib a very rich property developer? Presumably he has a vested interest in reviving the high street if some of his properties are currently empty.

According to Byline Times - 136 Reform candidates have raised money using crowd funding platforms that allow donors to keep their address secret and to donate from abroad. Both of which breach party political funding rules.
By Andy McDandy
Even Oxfam have gone online.

High street retailerss have been dying off for 40 years. First it was big out of town malls. Then it was pedestrianised precincts. Then the Internet. There comes a point when the game's just up, no matter how well you innovate.

As Danny De Vito says in the film "Other People's Money":grinning:
This company is dead. I didn't kill it. Don't blame me. It was dead when I got here. It's too late for prayers. For even if the prayers were answered, and a miracle occurred, and the yen did this, and the dollar did that, and the infrastructure did the other thing, we would still be dead. You know why? Fiber optics. New technologies. Obsolescence. We're dead alright. We're just not broke. And you know the surest way to go broke? Keep getting an increasing share of a shrinking market. Down the tubes. Slow but sure. You know, at one time there must've been dozens of companies making buggy whips. And I'll bet the last company around was the one that made the best goddamn buggy whip you ever saw. Now how would you have liked to have been a stockholder in that company? You invested in a business and this business is dead.
By Tubby Isaacs
Andy McDandy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:04 pm Even Oxfam have gone online.

High street retailerss have been dying off for 40 years. First it was big out of town malls. Then it was pedestrianised precincts. Then the Internet. There comes a point when the game's just up, no matter how well you innovate.
Yep, and hard to see what could have been done to prevent those trends.

I was fairly shocked by the number of out of town stores in South Wales when I moved there, having expected Wales to be better than us neoliberal petrol head English. But when I thought about it, it did make sense. The idea that all the small towns round Merthyr could support a Marks and Spencer is obvious fantasy. So you have one large one, and given that most people are coming to it from a distance, it goes out by the main road. It's logical, and I don't think it would actually work to stick it into the centre of Merthyr or wherever. And to be fair to Wales, they did make a reasonable effort with public transport (and before 2010 cuts, a more than reasonable one).
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]