:laughing: 100 %
By Watchman
Bones McCoy wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:36 pm
Youngian wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:43 pm Darren’s been knocking one out
MMMMMMMM old men in rubber suits
By Tubby Isaacs
Don't know if you have seen the full Trump madness from Reform today in response to their exposure by Channel 4. We've had very heavy hints that Channel 4 hired one of the blokes exposed. Channel 4 has questions to answer etc. Which it did answer. As did, of all people, GB News, who tracked the bloke down who denied that he'd been paid by Channel 4 or anyone else.

Tice and Farage haven't said anything on the subject for hours. Even Oakeshott seems to have given up.

By satnav
Reform have focussed all there attention on the bloke who does the odd bit of acting but at the same time they have sacked the bloke who made the homophobic remarks about the Pride police car. He was Farage's right hand man until earlier today but now he has no official position in the campaign.

I can't believe that ITV bent over backwards to give Farage airtime on Loose Women to try and discredit the Channel 4 clips. He was very late arriving at the studio yet they still put him on air. This is the same channel that put him on 'I'm a Celebrity get me out of here to try and normalise him.
By safe_timber_man
Am I being naive here in thinking C4 should already be sending out cease and desist letters at his point? They've got the clout. Why is this conspiracy theory allowed to be gaining this much traction? To the point where a party leader is spouting them on prime time TV? They're being accused of major electoral fraud. I don't pretend to have the first clue how all this works, but if I was a top bod at C4 I'd be jumping at this chance to call out this ridiculous Trump tactic against the media and squashing it very publicly, not releasing a short banal statement. Fuck sake, grow a backbone and fight.
By safe_timber_man
Viewing figures and copies sold, isn't it? Regardless of the content. Ridiculous. I haven't been following politics and the way it's covered long enough to remember the days where it was a noble profession but it'd be nice to try and get back to those times, if they ever did exist.
Dalem Lake liked this
By Oboogie
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:45 pm Don't know if you have seen the full Trump madness from Reform today in response to their exposure by Channel 4. We've had very heavy hints that Channel 4 hired one of the blokes exposed. Channel 4 has questions to answer etc. Which it did answer. As did, of all people, GB News, who tracked the bloke down who denied that he'd been paid by Channel 4 or anyone else.

Tice and Farage haven't said anything on the subject for hours. Even Oakeshott seems to have given up.

Farage was still standing by his claims during the leadership debate, 8pm Friday evening. I want to know the origin of Nigel's rule that acting and being a massive racist are mutually exclusive.
Last edited by Oboogie on Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Bones McCoy
Yug wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:31 am Just a reminder that Looza Fox describes himself as an actor.
As did Reagan R, Schwarzenegger A, Jackson G.
My point being "That guy worked as an actor" isn't the gotcha that Reform thing.

However it barely matters.
We can now see that Reform is operating as a cult.
To the cultists, the Legend Nigel can never be wrong.
And anyway, what's wrong with shooting at boats or calling the PM the P-word.
We all do that down the pub don't we.

Where it may move the goalposts are the polite Conservatives, seeing their chosen party is done, wondering where to go tactically.
We've seen a few peeps below the carefully curated reform image.
These might cut through some of the don't knows or doubting Tories.

People like us who pay close attention have already seen Habib's "let em drown".
We've also seen the Twitter whines about (long list of leaders) who aren't white, or the old AI of one crying girl / serviceman on a bus full of Afghan dressed men.
We've seen Legend Nige getting tossed out of bus Brussels fash pow-wow, and whining like a baby about it.

They've already shown us who they are.
I wish I could stop assuming the worst based on social and mainstream media exposure.
By Crabcakes
Farage is now refusing to appear on the BBC until they apologise because he reckons the QT audience was rigged. Presumably on the basis they asked him questions he didn’t like, and didn’t call him sir.

They’ve also reported channel 4 to ofcom because they reckon the guy caught using language that sounds entirely like what someone who would vote for reform would use was a plant. Based on no evidence whatsoever.

I know the argument is that these people fall apart under scrutiny, but this is a masterclass.
By Tubby Isaacs
safe_timber_man wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:26 pm Am I being naive here in thinking C4 should already be sending out cease and desist letters at his point? They've got the clout. Why is this conspiracy theory allowed to be gaining this much traction? To the point where a party leader is spouting them on prime time TV? They're being accused of major electoral fraud. I don't pretend to have the first clue how all this works, but if I was a top bod at C4 I'd be jumping at this chance to call out this ridiculous Trump tactic against the media and squashing it very publicly, not releasing a short banal statement. Fuck sake, grow a backbone and fight.
I don't know what you can do legally with "just sayin" bad faith stuff.. I noticed Oakeshott did that earlier in the day, and refused to go further when put on the spot by (to his credit) Dan Hodges. He asked what she her accusation v Channel 4 actually was. She stuck to "I'm saying it's a coincidence (?!) he's an actor".
By Andy McDandy
Trump and Johnson both have IMDB pages. Fucking actors.

But seriously, this is in the "Greta Thunberg is a plant because her mother was once in an obscure pop group" derangement. The idea that everyone even vaguely famous all know each other and are out to get us.
Last edited by Andy McDandy on Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By safe_timber_man
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:54 pm
safe_timber_man wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:26 pm Am I being naive here in thinking C4 should already be sending out cease and desist letters at his point? They've got the clout. Why is this conspiracy theory allowed to be gaining this much traction? To the point where a party leader is spouting them on prime time TV? They're being accused of major electoral fraud. I don't pretend to have the first clue how all this works, but if I was a top bod at C4 I'd be jumping at this chance to call out this ridiculous Trump tactic against the media and squashing it very publicly, not releasing a short banal statement. Fuck sake, grow a backbone and fight.
I don't know what you can do legally with "just sayin" bad faith stuff.. I noticed Oakeshott did that earlier in the day, and refused to go further when put on the spot by (to his credit) Dan Hodges. He asked what she her accusation v Channel 4 actually was. She stuck to "I'm saying it's a coincidence (?!) he's an actor".

True, I noticed she, and a lot of them, are being very careful about their wording. I think Farage said during QT that it was the 'acting agency' or something along those lines, that are to blame. But there are plenty of Tweets from Farage and Tice that appear to be outright accusing the BBC and C4 of what amounts to Election interference, which is a crime. Why they wouldn't then get their legal team out in force is bizarre to me.

I mean, this one Tweet alone, out of many, is actionable, surely? He just accused them of a crime?
Screenshot 2024-06-29 171205.jpg
Screenshot 2024-06-29 171205.jpg (15.59 KiB) Viewed 113 times

I just don't get it. We're in the height of an Election campaign and a Party leader is accusing major broadcasters of a crime. And has done so on many occasions along with Tice. Fucking clamp down on it.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]