:laughing: 100 %
By satnav
He really did come across as a pompous prat at the news conference. Having him in the TV debates will be a pain in the arse because he will just churn out policies on immigration which are totally unworkable.

I must say I have total respect for Channel 5 News who dedicated the first 10 minutes of the bulletin to the work of Rob Burrows rather than blowing smoke up the arse of Nigel Farage. I hope other news shows follow suit.
By Oboogie
Farage has said he wants to be LOTO. OK, tinfoil hat time. How about: under his leadership the polls soon indicate that Reform, as seems lightly, are taking many more voters away from the Tories. A week or two before the election, Farage approaches the Tories with an offer to stand Reform down if, after Rishi resigns, they let him join and run in their forthcoming leadership election.
By davidjay
Oboogie wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:43 pm Farage has said he wants to be LOTO. OK, tinfoil hat time. How about: under his leadership the polls soon indicate that Reform, as seems lightly, are taking many more voters away from the Tories. A week or two before the election, Farage approaches the Tories with an offer to stand Reform down if, after Rishi resigns, they let him join and run in their forthcoming leadership election.
It would be too late to withdraw candidates by then but prior to nominations closing, if they gave him an assurance that no-one else would stand he'd do it in an instant.
By Abernathy
Proper political parties, like Labour and the Tories, can take weeks or months to choose a new leader, with every party member getting a final say(usually) in who gets the job.

Reform UK just relies on a two minute casual chat between Big Dicky Tice and Nigel the Racist Cunt, and hey presto, Nigel the Racist Cunt is the new leader.

I dare say this is because “Reform UK” is not in fact a political party. It’s a limited company, owned and run by just 4 director/shareholders, two of whom are Farage and Tice. Their motivation? Mobilising hatred and prejudice for personal gain. Cunts. CUNTS.

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... 5/officers
Spoonman liked this
By satnav
I think Reform will be overstretched trying to compete in over 600 seats, there are already dozens of Reform candidates grifting for cash on Go Fund me and other fund raising sites. Without enough resources and boots on the ground in constituencies they will struggle to pick up many votes.

Whilst Farage is clearly better known and more charismatic than Tice he also has a lot of baggage that will hopefully comeback and bite him. Farage has always been a strong advocate of privatising the NHS a policy which won't prove to be a great vote winner. especially in Red wall seats.
By Youngian
Abernathy wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:15 pm

I dare say this is because “Reform UK” is not in fact a political party. It’s a limited company, owned and run by just 4 director/shareholders, two of whom are Farage and Tice. Their motivation? Mobilising hatred and prejudice for personal gain. Cunts. CUNTS.
Caught some of the drivel from this launch, Tice was doing Partridgesque lines about moving into eight gear in his fossil fuel car with Nigel at the helm. Farage even weirder was ranting about kids today not knowing anything about D-Day because they’ve been brainwashed by lefties.
I’d like to see the results of Farage voters doing a history quiz.
By Andy McDandy
Away with your 'facts'! Everyone knows that D-Day was when Britain bounced back. Led by the Queen Mum and Churchill (with his faithful dog Monty and Vera Lynn in tow), we crossed the channel in a flotilla of small fishing boats and yachts to attack the Bosh at Dunkirk. Some Americans came along. They were called Tom, Hank, Damon and Private Ryan. Within days, the evil Nazi war machine had crumbled, but just to make sure, the Russians waved a flag on the roof of the Nazi HQ, and the Americans dropped some nukes on Japan.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Oboogie wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:50 pm
Watchman wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:29 pm Are we going to see some Tory defections to Reform?
Are defections allowed now we're in purdah?
Purdah only affects the governing party: they can't announce spending which might act as an inducement to vote. Promises, however...
Doesn't affect candidates and their affiliations.
Oboogie liked this
By Oboogie
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:09 pm
Oboogie wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:50 pm
Watchman wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:29 pm Are we going to see some Tory defections to Reform?
Are defections allowed now we're in purdah?
Purdah only affects the governing party: they can't announce spending which might act as an inducement to vote. Promises, however...
Doesn't affect candidates and their affiliations.
Thanks. I actually asked the wrong question, I didn't mean purdah, I meant the dissolution of Parliament. As I understand it, once Parliament has been dissolved, technically there are no MPs - I thought that might complicate things.
By Abernathy
If there are no members of parliament, there are no rules governing those who once were such. Private individuals, which these individuals now are, are free to do as they please, short of criminal endeavour.
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]