:sunglasses: 26.9 % :pray: 15.4 % :laughing: 30.8 % :cry: 26.9 %
By Crabcakes
First 3 polls since show a Biden lead, a draw, and a Trump lead within margin of error. But they also all show 25-28% of floating voters say that the result has made them less likely to vote for Trump.

This is an insane election decided by a handful of voters. These percentages across the US - even if pessimistic- add up to a couple of million votes. Or to put it another way, 12 ordinary New Yorkers probably just saved democracy.
Oboogie liked this
By Bones McCoy
Police snipers at New York's T20 World Cup games

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/art ... 33y6104qxo
Security has been tightened before the first T20 World Cup match at a temporary stadium in New York, including positioning police snipers at covert locations around the ground.

The 34,000 capacity venue in Eisenhower Park will host its first match of the tournament on Monday when South Africa face Sri Lanka at 15:30 BST.

Americans be like: "OK game, a bit slow, needs more guns!".
By Crabcakes
While I know we have our fair share of Corbynistas in the U.K., I am flabbergasted that anyone super-progressive in the US is unwilling to hold their nose and vote Biden. It’s an order of magnitude worse - as much of a bunch of cunts Truss, May, Johnson and Sunak were/are, they are not Trump. Trump genuinely has potential to turn the US into Gilead, start World War 3, make worst case scenario climate change inevitable and start a second US civil war. And all this in probably his first few weeks in office for what would inevitably become a lifetime term.

It is just eye-wateringly, repugnantly selfish. Could Biden be better on Gaza? Absolutely. Is that genuinely worth the risk of the absolute carnage of human rights rollbacks, environmental tragedies and needless wars *everywhere* that a vote for someone else could cause just so you can feel morally superior? Because that’s what’s on the table.
Spoonman, Malcolm Armsteen, zuriblue and 2 others liked this
By The Weeping Angel
Crabcakes wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:05 pm While I know we have our fair share of Corbynistas in the U.K., I am flabbergasted that anyone super-progressive in the US is unwilling to hold their nose and vote Biden. It’s an order of magnitude worse - as much of a bunch of cunts Truss, May, Johnson and Sunak were/are, they are not Trump. Trump genuinely has potential to turn the US into Gilead, start World War 3, make worst case scenario climate change inevitable and start a second US civil war. And all this in probably his first few weeks in office for what would inevitably become a lifetime term.

It is just eye-wateringly, repugnantly selfish. Could Biden be better on Gaza? Absolutely. Is that genuinely worth the risk of the absolute carnage of human rights rollbacks, environmental tragedies and needless wars *everywhere* that a vote for someone else could cause just so you can feel morally superior? Because that’s what’s on the table.
Someone I follow on twitter observed that the very online lot especially have gone nihilistic and just want to burn it all down, Gaza is just an excuse.
By The Weeping Angel
Youngian wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:16 pm Aren’t a lot of these American ‘progressives’ libertarians? Ron Paul dressed like Billy Corgan. Biden’s public spending makes you a slave to the man.
That's true to an extent but it's also down to the fact that a lot of them are now nihilists who want to see the world burn believing that a Trump victory will bring the Democrats round to their way of thinking.
By Philip Marlow
You do sometimes get the impression that Biden and his people have seen that bit in Bulworth where Warren Beatty’s character goads a black church congregation with the fact that Democrats like him are basically the only game in town, and have decided to treat it as an aspirational campaigning model.

By Philip Marlow
You’d sincerely hope not, although given the number of ‘red lines’ which have proven to be eminently permeable I’d be worried about him being put to the test.

Meanwhile Trump is apparently having money problems (I know, shocking) and aiming to solve them in his own special way.

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/2024-06 ... 3a27530000
Now Trump is desperate for cash, and he's holding a fire sale on future presidential authority. Anything goes for the man who believes that a presidential victory will save him from prison – which scares him more than anything else. Even though he's now a convicted felon, Trump still has people to turn to for donations – and New York Magazine devoted its May 20 issue to an extensive profile of one of these donors, Dr. Miriam Adelson.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]