:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 10 % :laughing: 60 %
By Youngian
Truss and Sunak participated in BBC local radio interviews and the presenters kept asking clever clogs questions. Can’t have that, where’s Laura?

I’ve never seen more election boards in gardens while driving in North Norfolk, last week. It’s a hot election up there between the Lib Dems and Conservatives.
RandomElement liked this
By Andy McDandy
Demon eyes, double whammy, Salmond picking your pocket, Gerry Adams in your pocket....

Other than "Britain isn't working", I can't think of any genuinely good advertising they've done.
By Andy McDandy
Missing the point that this isn't a projection - this is the state of the armed forces now. After 14 years of performative flag shagging and stripping the actual forces to the bone.
Oboogie liked this
By Abernathy
As we get closer and closer to polling day and the prospect of a brand new government, I’d like just to take a moment to reflect that the last 14 years of Tory government have been nothing less, collectively, than an obscenity. Austerity, Brexit, Partygate, Pandemic mishandling and corruption, Truss.

It’s going to be such a refief and pleasure to be seeing the back of them.
By Andy McDandy
I'm too young to have properly experienced Thatcherism. Major, for all his weaknesses, seemed to be leading a bunch of people with no clear plan besides self-preservation. While there were competent people in there, they were outnumbered. While there were well-meaning people in there, they were incompetent.

But nothing, any of them, compared to the sheer hubristic vanity and sadism of this lot. Indeed, the only thing that's saved us has been their sheer ineptitude (and what does that say about us?). Fourteen years of being run by emotionally stunted overgrown schoolboys, who get their kicks from using magnifying glasses on ants.

Off they fuck into history.
Arrowhead, Dalem Lake, Oboogie and 1 others liked this
By Arrowhead
Went for a long traipse round the leafy backstreets of Knowle and Dorridge earlier today. Precious little indication of an imminent GE, the placard/sign count was as follows:

Labour - 2
Lib Dem - 2
Tories - 0
Reform - 0

I still think the Tories will hold onto this area reasonably comfortably, it doesn't feel very Reform-y (despite Farage summoning 5000+ to a gammon rally at the NEC the other day). I remember getting excited by the amount of Labour placards I was seeing in posh areas such as Lapworth and Hampton-in-Arden in the run up to GE2017.......and then the Tories ended up recording the biggest ever majority in the history of the constituency :roll:
By Tubby Isaacs
Big argument in Wales over rail. Plaid Cymru are taking about £4bn of Barnett consequentials for HS2. There can't be any Barnett consequentials because rail infrastructure isn't devolved. It's an England and Wales project because every project in England and Wales is an England and Wales project. In terms of rail infrastructure, Wales is basically like an English region. As far as I know, there's been no great movement to get rail infrastructure devolved because (I presume) sums were done and it wasn't worth it. But I would think HS2 changes the calculation. I don't know. I think it would be good for some sort of devolution deal to be done on rail infrastructure in the near future, with appropriate borrowing powers. With my Labour party politics hat on, lots of infrastructure could get built without UK central government borrowing.

Talking of Labour, they're surely schooling Plaid on this errant campaign, right? Wrong. Jo Stevens (likely the next Welsh Secretary) has said exactly the same in the past. As far as I know, she's not corrected. So can't really complain about Plaid saying it, can she? Whoops.

By Crabcakes
Amazing bit of framing by the Standard here. Read the headline and you'd think the Tories were rapidly closing the gap. In fact, labour have gone up and the Tories have *also* gone up, the latter almost certainly because of Farage's outfit fucking up.

15 points is also not 'narrowing the gap'. It's a marginally less wide chasm.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 68011.html
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]